All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Zaccaria Direct Launch for PBX

GAH1068

yes i saw it but did not try yet and not sure it applies for me.

There is also a new table out Fire Mountain Remake (2019) 
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1029680/Zaccaria_Pinball__Fire_Mountain_2019_Table/

this wheel is not originally made by me i only added the 2019 label. I think it was made by draco initially

fmountain2019.thumb.png.a2240e54dc210f475d1114ce676e496a.png

Database entry:

<game name="fmountain2019">
		<description>Fire Mountain Remake</description>
		<rom></rom>
		<manufacturer>Magic Pixel</manufacturer>
		<year>2019</year>
		<type>RM</type>
		<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
		<hidetopper>True</hidetopper>
		<hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>
		<enabled>True</enabled>
		<rating>0</rating>
	</game>

I will create the playfield video and backglass screenshots tommorow as i don't have time this evening

• Like 1

No i just tested it with the circus table from what i see they don't fill the screen (higher resolution will not change that). The reason they do not fill is so it retains original aspect ratio i guess.

The image displayed is just much sharper i tested quickly with circus table comparing the backglass picture with the backglass picture i have in pinballx which is 1600x1200 resolution. It's a lot sharper and cleaner no speckels but i did not test with other backglasses.

this could mean i'll have to redo the backglass pictures for all tables. I'll try to do that tommow as well as i have to go now

• Like 1

I just went through and redid videos for all the Zaccaria backglass and uploaded to GAH1068\Zaccaria\Backglass for anyone that wants them  1360X768 and all very small videos.    

Definately an improvment over the previous ones from Zaccaria.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hawkeyez88 said:

This may be far fetched. Is there a way to add a bezel while Zaccaria is loaded around the backglass images? Kind of like the mame stuff works?

MAME has the calls for bezels programmed within MAME. So unless the programmer (Zaccaria) had that built in as a native function, not likely to happen.

• Like 1

Awesome guys !

Spend this weekend to get the demo up and running. Thanks to @joyrider3774 I managed to get my buttons work ! (And man spent the whole saterday on it, and all was mentioned in this post !)

Thanks @GAH1068 for your AHK script. First time I used a AHK script, but pretty straight forward. 

The run command didn't work fine for me. I could not rotate the screen via steam.exe, but changing it to th enext fixed it (and speed up the sleep with 10 seconds ... :D)

; RegRead, SteamDirPath, HKCU, Software\Valve\Steam, SteamPath

Run, ZaccariaPinball.exe -rotate right , C:\Pinball\steam\steamapps\common\Zaccaria Pinball

WinWait ahk_class GLFW30, , 20000

if ErrorLevel
{
    MsgBox, WinWait timed out.
    exitapp
}

Sleep, 5000

But I still don't understand how the correct table is selected, is that done by changing the settings.xml in the my documents ?

Great work  :cheers:

2 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

Yes, they script updates that xml file which defaults sets the table as the last one played and allows too script to simulate key presses to automatically launch it.    

Gotcha. Nice way to manipulate this !

Good find

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Awesome guys !

Spend this weekend to get the demo up and running. Thanks to @joyrider3774 I managed to get my buttons work ! (And man spent the whole saterday on it, and all was mentioned in this post !)

Thanks @GAH1068 for your AHK script. First time I used a AHK script, but pretty straight forward. 

The run command didn't work fine for me. I could not rotate the screen via steam.exe, but changing it to th enext fixed it (and speed up the sleep with 10 seconds ... :D)

; RegRead, SteamDirPath, HKCU, Software\Valve\Steam, SteamPath

Run, ZaccariaPinball.exe -rotate right , C:\Pinball\steam\steamapps\common\Zaccaria Pinball

WinWait ahk_class GLFW30, , 20000

if ErrorLevel
{
    MsgBox, WinWait timed out.
    exitapp
}

Sleep, 5000

But I still don't understand how the correct table is selected, is that done by changing the settings.xml in the my documents ?

Great work  :cheers:

What issue did you have with rotating the screen?

Hi all...long time lurker on all subjects...finally setup a login to DL a few things and now after finding pretty much all answers by searching and not being a kind of person who just posts without research i just cant figure this issue i have out.

So this is working great for me launching all my Zaccaria tables...this is FANTASTIC! 

My issue...if i "pause" the table (default 'p' for Pinballx) it pauses and goes back to the Pinballx screen where you can resume and such as normal. This function works just fine with VP and FX3. However with this it DOES go to the Pinballx pause screen like i said...but when trying to resume it just goes to black screen. I first just thought it might take an extra few seconds but it just sits at black...if I ALT+TAB i can see Zaccaria window and if i click on that it comes back up to Zaccaria in its usual "pause" menu.

Anyone else have this issue and or is "pause" something that might need to be worked in?   Its not critical of course as i can get to tables and exit out as needed but with my kids 3 and under i seem to need a way to pause!

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the work i see everyone doing around here

I never wrote the script to handle pauses from PBX.    Might be something that can be added in the AHK script that could be added to watch for the pause press and then the resume by having it show/hide by Window handle.

When I get some free time I will take a look and see if this can be added.   

guys, a bit later as promised but i updated everything on ftp. New playfield video for fire mountain remake 2019.

I also redid all screenshots of the backglasses in 1600x1200 and 1920x1080. I kept the original screenshots and placed the new ones  in a new folder. The reason for doing this is that some backglass pictures have been replaced with a different one. Farfalla is one such example, it's now less explicit but the original white dress one was censored i think anyway. (nipples removed), or just for reference or in case someone prefers the old ones or for compairing the old ones vs new ones

2 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

I never wrote the script to handle pauses from PBX.    Might be something that can be added in the AHK script that could be added to watch for the pause press and then the resume by having it show/hide by Window handle.

When I get some free time I will take a look and see if this can be added.   

Excellent....thanks!

Hey guys,

I created a compare video with old vs new backglasses of zaccaria. you need to view the video full screen at 1080p on a pc or you won't see the changes. For each backglass it displays half a second the old backglass then half a second the new backglass. So you can easily see the quality changes. I'm not sure the video will be viewable for some reason it said video does not exist when i'm logged in with my account while it does play in icognito mode and on my phone (which makes no sense).

• 3 weeks later...

New Table Tropical 2019

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083100/Zaccaria_Pinball__Tropical_2019_Table/

Backglass images, table video, wheel (remake folder) and database uploaded to ftp here /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Joyrider3774/Zaccaria Pinball

<game name="tropical2019">
		<description>Tropical Remake</description>
		<rom></rom>
		<year>2019</year>
		<type>RM</type>
		<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
		<enabled>True</enabled>
		<rating>-2</rating>
	</game>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

New Table Wood's Queen Remake (2019)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1093410/Zaccaria_Pinball__Woods_Queen_2019_Table/

<game name="wqueen2019">
		<description>Wood's Queen Remake</description>
		<rom></rom>
		<year>2019</year>
		<type>RM</type>
		<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
		<enabled>True</enabled>
		<rating>0</rating>
	</game>

@GAH1068 with the latest update (#72) the menu of zaccaria completely changed. For some reason on my pinball cabinet the mouse click did not work correctly all the time to click on the logo. But i noticed in the new menu Sending return using keyboard also works. So in my local copy of the script i removed the mouse click. For some reason on my cabinet the mouse click acted weird don't know exactly why but it made my game hang and position was not 100% correct for me. I'm not sure if this has changed but maybe if sending return works all the time to bypass the initial logo it can be changed as it will work better then mouse click. But you should verify i only quickly tested with me and it seemed to work. As far as i can tell the new menu system still uses same internal system and selecting remakes etc also still seems to work but i did not test all sections. It's just so you know the menu got updated and the script might perhaps need a small change dealing with the mouse click or in case people will report problems after the update.

• Like 1

Thanks,  I saw there was Zaccaria released a new table and said there was going to be some menu changes.     Haven't fired up my cab for a few days but will take a look and see

if the script needs updating to handle things.     I had just the opposite problem when I first did the script.   If I only sent the keypress for return to bypass the logo it would not always work but once

I did the mouse click it worked reliably.  Lol

I never tried pressing return in the previous version of the menu i thought it was not working at all when using a real keyboard but can't test now anymore. The game seemed to hang a few seconds when doing the mouseclick since new update on my cabonet and somtimes it clicked beside the logo in my case. I start the game with the rotate parameter

Btw the game update also has a bug for displaying backglasses, some tables mostly retro and awards and normal tables show a black screen instead of the backglass. Remake tables don't seem to have the problem. Just so you know that already

• Like 1

@joyrider3774 - I bought the new Wood Queen 2019 table and got it added.    The script is still working properly on my system.   I  launched the new table and about 10 others back to back and didn't run into any issues so I think it is more just a delay/timing thing people are going to have to fiddle with in the script.    I did see what you mean by the backglass being broken on certain table types.

I do think the new menu is much nicer looking and glad they didn't do anything major that would break the launcher.