All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Zaccaria Direct Launch for PBX

GAH1068

Very welcome,  I can't answer why the settings.xml wouldn't exist on your system other than maybe something is corrupt or you are redirecting folders to a different drive.     If you run Zaccaria and there is no Settings.XML it will create one automatically.     Something to see would be if you change some settings,  exit the software and then run it again.  If the default settings remain changed then it has to be creating the file somewhere and it is just a question of finding it and then updating your Launch_Zaccaria script to use that folder instead of the the default location.

Another small change to see if adding a delay in the way the enter key is sent helps to get the table to start.    If you current version is working no need to replace,  this is more a "test" build to see if this make any difference.   Thanks to everyone helping test this!

Edited by GAH1068
Removed old AHK, see first post for most recent

6 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

Another small change to see if adding a delay in the way the enter key is sent helps to get the table to start.    If you current version is working no need to replace,  this is more a "test" build to see if this make any difference.   Thanks to everyone helping test this!

LaunchZaccaria.ahk

I'll try this one tonight too - I was still seeing some inconsistencies with the one from last night, but couldn't find a pattern. I tweaked the wait times a bit and it seemed to work. I'll post that one if you want to see it, if it's still functioning well today.

I just went through and launched pretty much every table in Zaccaria from PBX.   Every single one of them started so I really think the latest script  is the good to go.     I was able to trim down the 15 second delay before key presses are sent  on my system down to 10 seconds so my load time improved but that will be more of an end-user tuning others will need to play with on their system.

Hope it works for everyone!  

• Like 1

• tthurman pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, halen said:

GAH1068. I test the Zaccaria.ahk and here open Zaccaria Software and i have to do double click in the logo to enter in the menu with the tables. The table that I'm going to play keeps flashing and i have to do double click. is It works like this?

When that happened to me it was related to the "Enter" button assignment. Try resetting your buttons to default and just changing your flippers if you need to and see if the script works.

As Hawkeye said your keyboard mapping is probably the issue.     How if your system setup?   If it isn't making it past the Zaccaria opening page it may be your monitor resolution settings too.    I have the script move the mouse to the playfield where it says to click the screen to continue.  It then sends a left mouse click to get to the main game menu.  If you are not running in Portrait mode (1080X1920) the mouse may not be in the right position.   If that is the case you need to modify the script so it moves the mouse cursor to the right area of your playfield

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 1:54 AM, hawkeyez88 said:

This is the one I did last night based off of GAH's excel sheet in this post. You may want to tweak the game descriptions to your liking.

Zaccaria Pinball.xml

Thanks for your database xml i used it but it seems it was missing the latest table (star's phoenix (Remake)) so i added it in. It's basically your database file with the extra table added.

If anyone needs the table entry it's name is sphoenix2018 .. here's a database file with the table added in  

Zaccaria Pinball.xml

I also just finished creating video's for 97 tables (out of 98 i have not unlocked the treasure table yet), but i messed initially with my ffmpeg arguments to do post conversion and not all video's are 1 minute in length but it'll do some are 59 seconds some 49 and one even 26 seconds. Luckily not much is going on in these tables in "attract mode" so it'll do :) I recorded them at 60 fps using my nvidia 1070 gtx

The launch script is also working perfectly, i did not have any problems yet launching a table using this latest version 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Would you mind sharing your table videos and any other Zaccaria media on the PinballX FTP site or elsewhere?

Ok, it's uploading to /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Joyrider3774/Zaccaria Pinball/Table Videos but it could take a while i have slow upload speed only around 5mbit and all 97 video's together are about 1.5 gig. I'm not really good at optimizing the size and stuff and as mentioned before i messed up initially with ffmpeg (not all video's are equal in length) but i did not recreate the video's. I also did not check every video file but i think they are ok at least they play in my pinballx version i'm currently running on my main pc. It should be finished in about 2 - 3 hours.

Maybe someone can recode (again) with ffmpeg to reduce size. But it's a start until something better comes along

edit: forgot to mention i play & recorderd them without the glass visible from cabinet (in game) and there is no audio but i think that's the standard way (no audio) for video's

edit2: just quickly skimmed over all video's (fast forwarding in vlc) and they all recorded ok as far as i can tell so should be usuable 

edit3: all files have uploaded

Edit4: it should not matter which database you use as i named the video's based on game name not description and we all use the same ones since the launcher expects them to be the names as the game expects it to be in the settings file. So should work out of the box when using this launcher, but i uploaded my database xml file as well

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Thanks for the share. I know that it helps those that may not be able to record their own or just starting out.

@draco1692 no problem. Just wondering should i make a thread about it in the "PinballX Media Projects" section so it's does not get burried here in possible future comments in this topic

5 minutes ago, joyrider3774 said:

@draco1692 no problem. Just wondering should i make a thread about it in the "PinballX Media Projects" section so it's does not get burried here in possible future comments in this topic

That would be best. Thanks again!

13 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

If someone could make wheel images that would be awesome.    I got Dracos wheels lbut there are a lot of tables missing.    I have zero ability with image editing.  Lol 

You get me a list and I'll get crackin'.  Or, I can just start from scratch and make the docklets the way I do them, because of course they look best :) haaaaaaa.  Happy to help.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BrandonLaw said:

You get me a list and I'll get crackin'.  Or, I can just start from scratch and make the docklets the way I do them, because of course they look best :) haaaaaaa.  Happy to help.

You could use the Zaccaria.xml file for your list. Not as pretty but works in a pinch and has the system file names.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrandonLaw said:

Docklet versions would be great.   Draco's had quite a few of them alreday posted but that was from a year or two back I believe so many new tables since then.

Work has been really taxing lately, but I will try to spare some time to this.  I of course own Zaccaria, and I think I am up to date with the tables and the artwork needed.  I'll check the FTP and see what Draco's put down and see if I can collab the already completed works.  I realistically have made a template for myself in PS and just slap a cut/colored/touched snip into a layer.

Proof of concept  (Which correlates to Draco's already put together Docklets) for cutting and cleaning text, recoloring images, and sharpening if needed in which there will be a regular, and a 'Retro' tag that was recreated from the in-game tags to look similar.  They will be much larger as these were sized down for the post.

aerobatics.png.1436a413ec6d9dce311e324be3848649.pngaerobaticsretro.png.aa34a3b297e671be0b55041df3a1c527.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1