All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The history of Altered Beast arcade game

patmanqc

Hello all, I just discovered this forum and wanted to share my arcade documentary series. I hope this is the right forum.

I've been a videogame player since 1978 but lost my hands and feet to pneumonia three years ago. I figured out a way to keep playing and also started this documentary series just a couple of months ago. I hope you enjoy them. Also, up on my channel is the history of Chase HQ, paperboy, jungle hunt and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8EJ5Ncf81k&t=4s

• Like 3

This is the right place to post topics like this. I watched the news piece on your Patreon page and I suggest that anyone of my friends here that feels less than should take the time to listen. You, sir, are a hero, having found a way to overcome and continue forward with the hobbies, and Life with family and friends, all of which you apparently love.

[Minor off topic] Most do not realize how serious pneumonia, strep throat, even the flu can be and how they can cause sepsis (blood poisoning) to occur and impact blood flow and/or settle in the extremities or cause organ failure or even death, so if you can, get vaccinated for them. 

BTW, I have subscribed after watching The History of Altered Beast and I like the humorous quips and injections along the way to tell the story. The videos are well done and there are quite a few more for me to venture through in the coming days. I am glad to see other systems (consoles) included. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

This is the right place to post topics like this. I watched the news piece on your Patreon page and I suggest that anyone of my friends here that feels less than should take the time to listen. You, sir, are a hero, having found a way to overcome and continue forward with the hobbies, and Life with family and friends, all of which you apparently love.

[Minor off topic] Most do not realize how serious pneumonia, strep throat, even the flu can be and how they can cause sepsis (blood poisoning) to occur and impact blood flow and/or settle in the extremities or cause organ failure or even death, so if you can, get vaccinated for them. 

BTW, I have subscribed after watching The History of Altered Beast and I like the humorous quips and injections along the way to tell the story. The videos are well done and there are quite a few more for me to venture through in the coming days. I am glad to see other systems (consoles) included. 

That's very nice of you to say. I couldn't imagine sitting at home wasting away. I really appreciate the kind words.

I'm glad you enjoyed my videos. I get a fair amount of views but I don't know how to grow my channel, I also don't get a lot of feedback on these videos either. I just started this couple of months ago so it's nice to know I'm doing something that the audience appreciates.

Thanks for subscribing.

Just keep on keeping on! It will happen if it is meant to so long as you keep at it, or it may morph into something you haven't thought of yet. Remember that Facebook has a fair number of arcade and console groups so don't feel shy about joining them and sharing your work. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 12:17 PM, tthurman said:

I was away on vacation when this thread was posted, but in catching up, just watched your story.   What an amazing inspiration that gives new meaning to "never quit" !!!

Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it

5 hours ago, patmanqc said:

Thanks for the shares of my videos everybody. I did not see the reposted until just now. Happy holidays

Happy Holidays to you! I think it is safe to say that you have a few fans here!