All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

adding play field and backglass glitch

gareterag

I had this problem the other day and it corrected itself with a couple of playfields after I added and readded them a few times they finally took.  Now I’m having the same issue with a playfield on one game and a backglass on another not taking.

all other games take the playfields and backglass images fine but these two games.

what would cause a game to not take an image in game manager?  I have taken screen grabs and tried to manually add without downloading. I have moved images into proper folders and made sure they are png and proper sizes yet nothing will take.

i have also tried time and time again to add the play field for one game and backglass image for another and get nothing to show.....there must be something that would cause this.  I even tried to name the table and backglass the same name as the rom to see if that by chance would do but NOTHING works.

is this a random glitch when you get over 50 tables added?

Seeing your log.txt and pinballx.ini files might be of some help. Common is using enabling file matching. I turn it off so it forces PinballX to use the exact file name instead of guessing for similar. Also, this means your media names must match up exactly with the table or game name for the table. Table name is probably best and watch for extra spaces or special characters used by the OS.

That’s it after playing around with it I found it was Star Wars trilogy, transformers G1, and terminator 3 tables that had the play field not showing or backglass not showing.   It’s because they were too close in name to other tables like star wars, terminator 2 and transformers 2011 so fixed by changing names to make them not so similar and now all items show playfields and backglasses.