All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arcooda Direct Launch for PBX

GAH1068

@hawkeyez88

Attached is my FCM settings.ini.     Update the file for your monitor config and see what happens.     If you can't launch a table outside of PBX then it has to be something with your

settings with FCM, permissions or something to that effect.       You might have to ask NoEx in his post on DigitalPinballFans.com and see what he thinks.   It has always worked for me once configured right so I am at a loss what else to try.

Settings.ini

4 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

Glad you got it sorted out, not clear why your in game controls would have done anything in the first place. 

It was like my select/enter button would never do anything when FCM & PBA started. As soon as I reset and only changed my flippers, it worked flawlessly, even in full screen mode.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

NoEx replied to my post already, said new build should be up in a few hours. 

Man he's quick! I'll be putting the new version on tonight and testing, as I'm sure you will be too. I ordered the Kinect too, should have it before the weekend, I'm extremely interested in this!

19 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

And now we wait for next FCM build so things work again.  Ordered a kinect 2.0 USB adapter to try out it with arcooda build 

The Kinect with TPA is pretty awesome. 

The search for the usb connector was not easy, but ordered it end of June.

I hope that one day VPX will also support kinect 2.0

9 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

No,  I use custom one for that as well.   

Ok - I take back the Kinect is a novelty feature.   The more I play the more I am liking  it.   Once you start getting use to the movement it is pretty cool.

I've always been curious of this...off to youtube I go to see what this is all about.

You mean with the kinect ?

No just shows you yhe normall playfield, it only moves the camera a bit when you move your head, so it looks like you can look arround the object. 

I made some videos a couple of months ago in my test env. Not sure how I can share them

I haven't tried all the tables using Kinect.    I played Funhouse and Whitewater for about an hour or so (use to own both tables about 15 years ago so they are still among my favorites) and then tried out TAF, Circus Voltaire, TZ and Dracula.    

I must not have calibrated the kinect right the first time because the tables felt disproportionate as @BrandonLaw said.    If I moved too much it really through things off kilter.     After calibrating again things are much better and head movements don't cause such dramatic changes.    

15 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

No,  I use custom one for that as well.   

Ok - I take back the Kinect is a novelty feature.   The more I play the more I am liking  it.   Once you start getting use to the movement it is pretty cool.

Thanks Gah - I created another script too and was playing with it last night. Thanks again for your guidance. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am making progress but stuck here:

I have obtained .17 version of Arcooda and the latest version of FCM

However, the .17 version of acrooda does not run, I think because I do not own a KINECT.   Is there a version of FCM fro Arcooda version .14?