All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DMD not showing up, or massive and half off screen.

damcanadian

I've read through 10 or 20 other peoples problems and although they were different, I tried troubleshooting off the advice they were given, nothing have worked so far.

the issue is when I launch a table the DMD is ether viable for a second as the back glass covers it, or its huge, in the upper right have corner of the back glass (second) monitor.

The screens are aligned PF - BG, with the BG monitor not above the PF screen.
I have the table set to cabinet mode.

attached is a picture of one of the problems and my display setting for pinballx

Any help would be much appreciated and Ill get any pics or files requested as fast as I can for you.

Thanks.

20181004_113850.jpg

20181004_114219 (1).jpg

PinballX.ini

ScreenRes.txt

SetupWizard_en.xml

[SETTINGS].log

log.txt

6 hours ago, Outhere said:

For now turn off use direct B2S jn front end...
 Turn off auto position DMD....
Turn off DMD Enable......
Turn off  Auto position DMD....

Thanks and sorry about the delay, I was at work and wasn't able to test till now, It has the same issues in VP, tried turning off all those settings and the DMD is no longer large or in the corner, but it is still hidden, I can alt tab and see its running, and even the right size for the spot, but its ether behind the BG or on some non existent monitor.

20181004_214702.jpg

When reporting an issue, it helps to attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files in your initial post without being asked. There may be something inside them that will help others help you quicker. If having a problem with tables, providing a copy of the xml for those tables may also prove helpful. 

4 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

When reporting an issue, it helps to attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files in your initial post without being asked. There may be something inside them that will help others help you quicker. If having a problem with tables, providing a copy of the xml for those tables may also prove helpful. 

2 hours ago, Outhere said:

Also post your ScreenRes.txt file -  It is in the tables folder

Thanks, and I'm sorry, I saw everyone else posting them, and read the mandatory post before you post... post. was rushing to post before work and was a bit overloaded from trying to process everyone else fixes and see how to apply it to my own. all the files have been added to the first post.

4 hours ago, Outhere said:

If you run from VP what problems are you having 

been trying some more stuff, setdmd has fixed a few of the boards, but half a dozen are still having the same issue where the DMD loads on the second monitor, then the backglass loads over it, they all seem to be fullscreen tables that use directb2s for the backglass, though its not every one of those, as I have 3 or 4 that are the exact same setup(FS+DB2S files) that load fine with the DMD on top of the BG.

This occurs the exact same in both PBX and VP

2 hours ago, Outhere said:

Try Alt - Tab, can you bring the DMD to the front ...if yes take an move the dmd around some then put it in place and See if that helps

I can alt tab and see it, but it doesn't bring it to the front.

7 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Do you have sambuild 3.1 on your cab ? 

When I had an older version, I had simular issues. (No issues now with real dmd :D )

looks like my pinmame is 2.6(from the auto installer), Ill try updating and see if that work. Thanks.

Can you clarify that the BG loads over the DMD every time you load via VP or via PinballX? If the everytime in the first, then you have to resolve it in VP as there is nothing that can be done via PinballX.