All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

VideoSnaps Stutter

Jeremy27041980

I think you need to test whether or not the issue is your videos that you are encoding. Download the Secret Agent video from Emumovies and replace your copy and see if you get the same stutter issue.

No stutters here.

summary :

* Stutter Videos

- In Gameex after scrolling games list

- In Media Player Classic with Lav Codecs without anything

*Smooth Videos

-  In VLC player

- In Windows Media Player

- In Media Player Classic with Lav Codecs AND MadVR

- In another frontend like LaunchBox (Not try Launchbox.next)

I can reproduce this issue as I've just updated my GameEX because it informed me that an update was available.

On my main PC after GameEX 32-bit version finished updating, it looks like the videos are playing about 1.5X - 2X speed compared to an older version I had installed.

As A result of this I've noticed more RAM being used. I don't think this is strictly just a 64-bit issue.

When I upgraded my GroovyMAME setup because Calamity released 0.202, I upgraded GameEX their too and get constant freezes/unresponsiveness as a result of the videos trying to play too fast.

If a Mod or Administrator could send me 15.41 in a PM I'd love to see if this issue happens on multiple setups when rolling back. I might need 15.30 as well as I can't remember which version I had installed previously.

Edited by B2K24
  • Like 1

I found 15.20 using google and put that on my GroovyMAME setup that's always offline with a bare-bones windows 7 Ultimate X64 and while it remedies the video/stuttering issues, it crashes with a message about missing database files. Unfortunately, Evo doesn't run on that setup either as it crashes with a message.

I've put the latest version of GameEX back on the GM setup and I'll see if I can figure something out by tinkering around with settings.

• Like 1

OFF TOPIC: My first install was on XP so have you beat  by a few years. <_<

By the way, when did you create your videos? They are great quality and I like the HLSL application. Definitely superior to the ones I have.

I will attempt to see if I can replicate using a few.