All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Arcade edition load/save states

btptr321

May be dependent upon what command line is being passed by the integrated MAME support. I think that we need the gameex.ini files from both to compare what is being passed to both Arcade and regular Gameex.

Please attach copies from both.

@Draco1962 Attached are both ini files. From the Arcade and regular. Mind you, with the regular I have the problems with loading of all games. I understand that the load/save states are handled by MAME and not by the frontend self. but at this moment the load/save states are working in MAME but not when I load up through the front end.

GameEx.ini

GameEx - Regular.ini

3 hours ago, btptr321 said:

@Draco1962 Attached are both ini files. From the Arcade and regular. Mind you, with the regular I have the problems with loading of all games. I understand that the load/save states are handled by MAME and not by the frontend self. but at this moment the load/save states are working in MAME but not when I load up through the front end.

GameEx.ini

GameEx - Regular.ini

In the gameex.ini file for GameEx Arcade (GameEx.ini):

MAMEPath=F:\RETRO Gaming\Emulators\Mameui64 0.193
MAMEEXE=MAMEUI64.exe

In the gameex.ini for GameEx (GameEx - Regular.ini):

MAMEPath=C:\Users\Fried Fish Desk\Desktop\Mame0193
MAMEEXE=mame64.exe

You indicated that it is working in regular GameEx. There are a few questions that come to mind:

- Have you tried running mame64.exe in GameEx Arcade using the SAME paths, command lines, etc. as "regular" GameEx?

- Did you compile your own copy of MAMEUI64 or just download it from another site?

One thing that is clear is that this is a MAME issue, not GameEx or GameEx Arcade! Even with the proper patching of the MAME.exe during compilation, not all games support save states or saved high scores.

@Draco1962 thanks for helping. The only reason why the regular is linked to the c drive is because of the issue I am having with recognizing the games. F isa the drive where all games are on.

The GameEx Aracde recognizing all games. You said ith is a MAME issue. But when in MAME these states save and load, when GameEx Arcade is working properly, it should also save and load these saem states, correct? In MAME itself these save states are working, They are not woring in GameEx Arcade. Is it then not a GameEx Arcade problem.

I am not compiling myself, I downloaded a pack. But I am not having problems with MAME or its roms. I am having problems with GameEx.

I guess you are missing the point. You are accessing two different MAME variants in two different GameEx versions, yet suggesting it is a GameEx Arcade issue. Until you can test the same version of MAME with same paths, command lines, etc.  via both GameEx and GameEx Arcade, then as my dad used to say, "That dog don't hunt."

• 2 weeks later...

I have some thoughts.

RetroArch emulates most systems very well (perfectly in fact) and can replace tons of emulators. RetroArch also suppors global configs for thier emulator cores such as SAVE and Load states. 

It could be easy to specify the working path of retroarch and inject the settings that will save a state and load a state on exit , alternatly they can be done via hotkey from the emulator. These states are stored in slots.

In theory if we could hook the key stroke combination to make a screen snap (something gameex can already do) it would also be possible to corrleate the snap with a save state and then dispaly it from the gui and load it.

Kinda like the NES Classic does.

Brian

We may be able to do this with the advance config already, id like to dive into this once I get a grip on getting things setup again.