SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
Sign in to follow this  
headkaze

Feature & Enhancement Requests

Feature requests for GameEx Evolution are actively encouraged so please post them here! Reporting of errors or bugs need to be addressed via the GameEx Evolution General forum. Thank you!

FEATURE REQUEST - for those of us currently using GameEx or GameEx Arcade, having an option to import or convert gameex.ini  to populate existing emulator paths and command lines over to Evo to minimize setup time.

I just started playing around in the latest Beta of Evo and noticed something that I can see will be an issue for me.  I run multiple versions of MAME in parallel.  In regular GameEx I deal with this via custom scripts that take care of running the games in the correct version and creating the combined game list  (I'll leave out the details, but it works well enough), but Evo seems to "automate" things too much for me to do this effectively.  I think there are other ways I can fake it into working for me, but since Evo is so new I thought it would be worth making a plug for first class support of multiple mame installs,

In principle the idea is simple.  In Evo today, if you go into the emulator setup and try to add a second instance of a MAME emulator it doesn't let you (you can only replace the existing one).  What I would like to see is the ability to add additional MAME emulators, each with their own independent configuration and rom list.  At runtime, these would be regarded collectively as a single set of roms and assets within the front end, similar to the way groups work in GameEx.  And that's it.  If you could do something like this, it would be wonderful!!

On 9/21/2018 at 8:59 PM, Draco1962 said:

FEATURE REQUEST - for those of us currently using GameEx or GameEx Arcade, having an option to import or convert gameex.ini  to populate existing emulator paths and command lines over to Evo to minimize setup time.

I second this.  This would be very helpful.