All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Polymega

tthurman

I suppose I was looking at this from the aspect of someone who over the years had amassed a collection of games from these various platforms, but your console finally gave up the ghost.  Here you would have a way to not only retain use of all those titles but also in a manner with a controller and feel of the original that would be difficult to replicate otherwise.

Sure you could build something and use a

Although this does look pretty cool, all in it's a bit expensive. However, that being said...

I dig it. I have a pretty good collection of PS1/Sega CD games, and have been thinking about getting some more Saturn discs (but I don't have a working Saturn sadly). If they can really pull off a playable Saturn experience, I'd probably buy in just for that... But only if I can buy the base unit and the CD attachment only.

I've already got a RetroN 5 for my Famicom/NES/SNES/Genesis cartridges, and that's been good to me so far (despite the reviews on the early models).

For my GC/GBA collection, nothing beats the Cube with the Gameboy Advance Player (although the RetroN plays GBA too, I've never used it).

I have an n64, but if you ask me it just doesn't hold up well and I have little to no interest to buy carts for it. The 15 or so I have are more than enough.

Don't need too much more than that.

Although I agree with @hansolo77, the Pi is a decent piece of kit... Sometimes you just wanna experience the console feeling.