All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

Hi!

How about importing Backdrop pov files either when they have the same location (folder or archive) and the same name

as the table? A second option or alternative would be importing povs with the game manager.

• tthurman pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

FEATURE REQUEST: A Game Manager 'missing media' text file creation button. On my cab I have a variety of missing media that isn't on the FTP, however it is a bit of a trial to have to try to list and then find this media whilst stood at the cabinet.

Given Game Manager does a great job of revealing what is missing from each table, e.g. wheel, playfield etc, can this be written out to a txt file for me to then sit in comfort at my main PC and search or create files?

Bonus query - is there a way to easily add or submit any missing media that isn't on the FTP? Perhaps a differential folder comparison between my folders and those which the Game Manager queries. This way any work I do can be submitted back for future FTP downloads for others.

BUG: When swapping between allocating media locally, and getting media from the FTP, the 'Online for Import' button sometimes needs pressing a couple of times for Game Manager to recognise from where I intend to allocate data. So 'Online for Import' may be ticked, but it pops up a file browser window, or vice versa. A quick click usually re-initialises this but its a nit-pick bug that does frustrate when doing a longer session on media maintenance.

Love the software by the way, Tom! This and GameEx make my cabs come alive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bombdog said:

FEATURE REQUEST: A Game Manager 'missing media' text file creation button. On my cab I have a variety of missing media that isn't on the FTP, however it is a bit of a trial to have to try to list and then find this media whilst stood at the cabinet.

Given Game Manager does a great job of revealing what is missing from each table, e.g. wheel, playfield etc, can this be written out to a txt file for me to then sit in comfort at my main PC and search or create files?

Bonus query - is there a way to easily add or submit any missing media that isn't on the FTP? Perhaps a differential folder comparison between my folders and those which the Game Manager queries. This way any work I do can be submitted back for future FTP downloads for others.

BUG: When swapping between allocating media locally, and getting media from the FTP, the 'Online for Import' button sometimes needs pressing a couple of times for Game Manager to recognise from where I intend to allocate data. So 'Online for Import' may be ticked, but it pops up a file browser window, or vice versa. A quick click usually re-initialises this but its a nit-pick bug that does frustrate when doing a longer session on media maintenance.

Love the software by the way, Tom! This and GameEx make my cabs come alive.

Great idea! .csv would also be great for those of us that like spreadsheets.

Just now, Draco1962 said:

Great idea! .csv would also be great for those of us that like spreadsheets.

Oh yes, even better... I did convert the XML files a few months ago so I had a catalogue of all my tables, to assist in removing VP9 tables when I got a better VPX version etc, and to see where I was missing vast swathes of Pinball History and to search for some gaps in years. It was a bit of a pfaff though1 A CSV of the whole XML file output would aid in this job too!

My opinion, I would not automate submissions to the FTP. If you are actually creating your own wheels and instruction cards or whatever, fine. It is easy enough to upload and share your work with the community on the FTP via Windows Explorer or any FTP client. If it is automated it is too easy to inadvertently upload someone else's hard work that you had no hand in producing. That behavior tends to be frowned upon.

Hello,

I´m using PinballX for a while and it´s just fantastic. If it´s possible, I think it would be great if we can filter the tables by decades, I like to have a lot but sometimes I just want to play the ones from one particular decade and with a filter like that, it would be easier to handle that. Anyway the frontend is awesome.

Thanks again!

Edited by tthurman
Please post feature requests in the appropriate thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tom,

Would it be possible to put in an option to not rotate table screenshots and videos 180 by default?

I never understood why I always had to manually rotate my screenshots until it was explained on another forum that it was a legacy hyperspin compatibility thing. 

Just trying to avoid duplicate table artwork for different front ends. (Not Y)

Thanks

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, coreduo0099 said:

Hello Tom,

Would it be possible to put in an option to not rotate table screenshots and videos 180 by default?

I never understood why I always had to manually rotate my screenshots until it was explained on another forum that it was a legacy hyperspin compatibility thing. 

Just trying to avoid duplicate table artwork for different front ends. (Not Y)

Thanks

The captures are designed to be used and be compatible with PinballX. If they are not please let me know otherwise why not capture the image/video in the front end you wish to use?

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 450 table now split between VP, FX3, TPA, etc.     Using the page buttons to cycle through tables works ok but it would be great to have some kind of feature that lets you go directly to a letter and skip mashing the prev/next page button.

I was thinking like , bring up a simple window with the alphabet and use flippers to scroll through list and select a letter and then jump to that part of list?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMN

OPQRSTUVWXYZ

Thoughts?

Bonjour,

En fait, nous pouvons lancer PFX3 avec cette ligne de commande:

-hotseat_2  (choisissez un nombre 2, 3  ou 4, en fonction du nombre de joueurs avec lesquels  vous souhaitez jouer).

Avec cette nouvelle commande, il sera peut-être possible de choisir le numéro de joueur avant la table de lancement dans pinballx?

Que pensez-vous s'il vous plaît

Merci

Hello Tom, 

If you want add a new fonction in pinballx.

I wish know, if its possible to choose the number of player for PINBALLFX3. with the new command ligne 

-hotseat_2

-hotseat_3

-hotseat_4

Maybe we can to use the button for add player number before to launch table ?

That will be incredible because in PFX3 actually its impossible !

Thanks 

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:27 AM, sebastien said:

Hello Tom, 

If you want add a new fonction in pinballx.

I wish know, if its possible to choose the number of player for PINBALLFX3. with the new command ligne 

-hotseat_2

-hotseat_3

-hotseat_4

Maybe we can to use the button for add player number before to launch table ?

That will be incredible because in PFX3 actually its impossible !

Thanks 

Thanks. I like this. I will look into it.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

Could you create a search/filter function in game manager ?

I would really love this option to filter on a part of a name to find the tables easily. 

Maybe also a filter on missing stuff, like wheels, real dmd video's etc.

• 1 month later...