All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Couple quirks

craigtompkins

I'm new to PinballX but have had my cabinet running for about 3 years or so.  I had been using HyperPin and VP9.x.  I decided to add Pinball FX3 and when doing research I found that most people suggested switching to PinballX so I installed it.  I'm still tweaking it but I've got a couple issues that I hope someone can help with.

1. When I launch a VP table from PinballX the backglass does not fit right (screen 2) and extends to the DMD (Screen 3) so the DMD does not display.  I'm guessing that HyperPin or VP9 is resizing the image to fit my monitor (1600x900 set in Windows) and that does not happen when launching from PinballX.  I can't seem to figure out why and maybe I'm looking for the wrong cause?

2. When I launch a VP table from HyperPin and then Exit with the E button on the keyboard (I've changed my "exit" button to ESC on the iPAC since that's the only button FX3 will support for exiting back thru the menus) the table exit's fine.  If that table was launched from PinballX the E button gives me a VP9 popup where I have to select exit to editor, which in turn exits the table.

3. Speaking of exiting...Since Pinball FX3 will only allow ESC as the exit button and VP9 will allow everything except ESC how is everyone exiting tables from both systems?  I'd rather not have 2 exit buttons on my cabinet but can install another one if I really need to.

In case this helps anyone else.  I found this at https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=26796  for questions 3 and 4

If you keep ESC mapped as the exit button.  Open Visual Pinball.  go to Preferences->Keys and click on "Disable ESC key".   This will allow PinballX to act on the ESC key and not VP.

Setting up PinballX, if I remember correctly

If you want to only exit table when confirmed, Run PinballX settings.exe, go to Keyboard Input Settings and set Pause/In Game to the ESC key.  Pressing ESC will bring up a menu which will allow you to exit the table

If you want to exit table immediately, Run PinballX settings.exe, go to Keyboard Input Settings and set Exit Emulator to the ESC key instead of setting up the Pause/In Game item.

I'm still looking for an answer to the backglass issue and plan on doing a manual resize on one image as a test tonight.

That wasn't it, but you helped me find it.  The ini showed my backglass as 1920x1080 and I actually have my resolution on the monitor set to 1600x900.  So I changed that in the ini.  setting autoposition to false didn't help, but leaving it at true and putting the right resolution in the ini definitely did.

Thank you

Now if I can only remember why I set it at 1600x900 instead of 1080p when I created the cabinet 3+ years ago.