All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pulled the cord - new totally self-hosted personal website

stigzler

Evening. So the greedy little b******ds at SiteGround suckered me good. A bargain intro price for the first year soon turned into a significant whopping bill. Of course they also have you by the short and curlies, because they have any content you've added as well (and not all apps are easily migrated). 

So as I seem to be doing progressively now (in terms of 'host-your-own') I decided to try rebuilding my website on my home server and am quite surprised by the results! 

Anywhose, if you'd like to check it, join or feedback, it's here:

http://www.magoarcade.org

All for the lovely price of £0 per year! Yeah...stuffin it to the man... :p

Own your own means to production, brothers!

The controller remaper is interesting. I've been having problems with USB device enumeration forever. That's the main reason I fell in love with Retroarch, one controller config across many emulators, and it autoconfigures many for you. Even still, I have a bunch of adapters for OG controllers, but unless I leave them plugged in all the time, they never get reassigned the same serial port/ PID. It's a PITA to have to reconfigure each controller, in each emulator, before each use. If not for that, my arcade would get more enjoyment. Is that program flexable enough for other programs, or just mame? Is it able to recognize you just plugged in a N64 mayflash adapter with 2 controller ports, then assign the adapter the same USB Port/ID as it last had, regardless of which port on the motherboard you had it in before. That way [insert emulator] will think its the same controller and your previous config will work.

7 minutes ago, RIP-Felix said:

The controller remaper is interesting. I've been having problems with USB device enumeration forever. That's the main reason I fell in love with Retroarch, one controller config across many emulators, and it autoconfigures many for you. Even still, I have a bunch of adapters for OG controllers, but unless I leave them plugged in all the time, they never get reassigned the same serial port/ PID. It's a PITA to have to reconfigure each controller, in each emulator, before each use. If not for that, my arcade would get more enjoyment. Is that program flexable enough for other programs, or just mame? Is it able to recognize you just plugged in a N64 mayflash adapter with 2 controller ports, then assign the adapter the same USB Port/ID as it last had, regardless of which port on the motherboard you had it in before. That way [insert emulator] will think its the same controller and your previous config will work.

Naw - it just works with MAME. And tbh - I wrote it that long ago, I've no idea how it works! I';m not sure if It changes the mame mapping or the windows mappings via "ControllerRemap." There must be something out there to do what you're trying to do though?

You could always post on General>Software>Requests and I might take a look at this one day..

http://www.magoarcade.org/wp/forum/

I've DuckDuckGo'ed, but for the life of me can't find the correct combination of search terms to yield any results. Or it doesn't exist, IDK. Seems like it should. I can't be the only person that uses original controllers on emulated systems. Seems like this is a big enough PITA that someone would've written a solution by now.