All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arcooda direct launch?

BrandonLaw

Originally posted in wrong forum. My bad...didn't see how to delete :( Just checking in as I hadn’t seen any activity since June or July...Did we get movement on directly launching the program from inside PBX? Just getting it to launch in cab mode would really be great.

Nothing yet that I have seen. Would be great to have this integrated.

As an aside, although, despite the expenditure, I may go with getting the Williams/Bally tables via Pinball FX now that Zen has the license  

• Like 1

I messaged NoEx a few months back asking if adding the same hack to force a table to start can be added in a FCM for arcooda variant.  Even if just to start a table. He said he would look into it but no answer yet.    That is my only really high item I would have loved to have Arcooda have Farsight add.    At least the Fx3 Williams tables do allow direct launch.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Nothing yet that I have seen. Would be great to have this integrated.

As an aside, although, despite the expenditure, I may go with getting the Williams/Bally tables via Pinball FX now that Zen has the license  

Oh this is going to happen for sure.  As much flak as PBfx gets...I really enjoy playing it.  It's seamless and has a 'gaming' feel which I do enjoy.  I guarantee you this will take off after the first few tables are a hit.

8 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

I messaged NoEx a few months back asking if adding the same hack to force a table to start can be added in a FCM for arcooda variant.  Even if just to start a table. He said he would look into it but no answer yet.    That is my only really high item I would have loved to have Arcooda have Farsight add.    At least the Fx3 Williams tables do allow direct launch.  

I feel you!  Has anyone reached out to farsight to see if there is a 'hidden' switch or parameter to add that can point the .exe to open as the cab variant?  I know there's a fella around the steam forums [email protected] I think his email is, that is diligent about answering questions.  Might be worth it to massage him for an answer?  I'm happy to do so.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't heard NoEx released FreeCamMod Version 2.0.    He has added Arcooda support and a few other great features.    I have been playing around with it and I am able to direct launch the Arcooda tables from PBX now.     Haven't tested it 100% but so far it looks like it is what we have been begging for.

I haven't tried this yet. Are there clear instructions on how to configure this to work via PinballX? If someone could do so, perhaps we could have a dedicated thread pinned for this purpose.

Not really clear instruction but I was able to modify my existing TPA/FreeCamMod setup in PBX and use it with Arcooda cabinet mode.       To keep things clean I have two copies of FCM configured with the specific settings for both versions.   One to lauch Arcooda tables and one for TPA to launch the Stern and the remaining ones.

I will start a new thread with my AHK and PBX settings ASAP

11 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

Not really clear instruction but I was able to modify my existing TPA/FreeCamMod setup in PBX and use it with Arcooda cabinet mode.       To keep things clean I have two copies of FCM configured with the specific settings for both versions.   One to lauch Arcooda tables and one for TPA to launch the Stern and the remaining ones.

I will start a new thread with my AHK and PBX settings ASAP

Looking forward to this, would be grateful for a guide.  So I take it if we use TPA Arcooda Cabinet mode, any tables launched using this method still uses FreeCamMod, we just don't need cam files for each table that Arcooda Cabinet mode supports?

BDuncan - yes that is right.   I really only use FCM for the table launch so I don't know if the new version allows the same camera control in the Arcooda views as standard TPA.     I believe it

does as the HUD is displayed in Arcooda mode too (if enabled)

NoEx released another version of the mod yesterday that starts PinballArcadeCabinet.exe or PinballArcade11.exe based on if you pass in the -arcooda parameter or nowt so I am back to a single copy of FCM.     The new FCM works for all the tables now so I can launch all 76 Arcooda tables and then I have it launching the file TPA season and all the Stern tables.      

I am,  Now that the mod can rotate screen at startup I am thinking of seeing if I can just run from PBX and just use the launch before/after to start and stop DMDExt.   I have a feeling it might work right from PBX now with the latest update from NoEx

2 minutes ago, GAH1068 said:

I am,  Now that the mod can rotate screen at startup I am thinking of seeing if I can just run from PBX and just use the launch before/after to start and stop DMDExt.   I have a feeling it might work right from PBX now with the latest update from NoEx

That would be awesome! I tried that last night, where I got stuck was with individual table launch and arcooda itself not exiting when I would go back to pinballx - could be something I'm missing, but extremely excited this has picked up traction again!

I tried running TPAFreeCamMod from PBX but wasn't having much luck.  I think it is a focus issue of some sort but it looked like it was close.   I switched back to my old method which works 100%.     I made a new post on how to set it up.