Jump to content
SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
Draco1962

Enhancements/Features Requests

Recommended Posts

Un database description you can put the complete name.

Description os the name ti show in PinballX.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Table name in database and media pack Ali (Stern 1980).

Description in database Ali - JpSalas v1.3.

But if so this, when you update The table, you need update The description in database.

I use for Attack from Mars VPX and VP9 for example.

I have arround 20 tables y VPX & VP9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I know. I always leave the original file-name and use description. I actually made myself a perl script that uses information from ipdb to help me fill in the information like name, year, manufactorer. The drawback is that once I update a table in PBX. I need to run PBXrecorder again to get new media files. I probably should look into what I've just suggested. But, as long as I have room on the SSD. You know the drill :)

My naming is : VPX__2_in_1__EM__1964__Bally

I use two underscores to separate fields with, that way I can do automatic processing of meta data in all sort of ways. Easy to find duplicates and stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10.12.2017 at 4:52 AM, Tom Speirs said:

Playing YouTube videos directly under DirectX is tricky unless there is something I don't know about. Does the PinUpPlayer play youtube videos directly from YouTube?

As a Lifetime member you should have a license to Convert-It which should allow you to download YouTube videos. Although anything of any value should already be on the FTP.

Any tip on how to convert eg. this one ? Convert-it doesn't download the video

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Any tip on how to convert eg. this one ? Convert-it doesn't download the video

 

 

 

Why not just get it from the FTP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Sí. Lo sé. Siempre dejo el nombre de archivo original y uso la descripción. De hecho, me hice una secuencia de comandos perl que utiliza información de ipdb para ayudarme a completar la información como nombre, año, fabricante. El inconveniente es que una vez que actualizo una tabla en PBX. Necesito ejecutar PBXrecorder nuevamente para obtener nuevos archivos multimedia. Probablemente debería ver lo que acabo de sugerir. Pero, mientras tenga espacio en la SSD. Ya sabes que hacer:)

Mi nombre es: VPX__2_in_1__EM__1964__Bally

Utilizo dos guiones bajos para separar campos, de esa manera puedo hacer un procesamiento automático de metadatos de muchas maneras. Fácil de encontrar duplicados y cosas así.

I recommend putting the labels after the name.

You will avoid duplicates of matching medias like audio table, launch audio, backglass. dmd, etc.

I before put the labels at the beginning and I had to change them all labels at the end to fix faults.

Before: VPX_Ali (Stern 1980).vpx or VPM5_Name (Manufacturer Year)

After: Name (Manufacturer Year)(Special labels)

Special labels: (VPM5) - (VP921) - (SoundMod) - (LedMod) - (GoldMod)

Database before with complete name, now, only when have 2 versions.

But I suppose it all depends on how each one wants to have it organized, I only talk about the experience that I had when putting labels in front of the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tom Speirs It was an example of a video that convert-it can't convert. I see those 60ish tutorial videos and thank you for those. But, there are more than a few other videos out there that I would like to get my hands on. Yes, these are youtube videos as well. Problems seems to be downloading, I guess, if that works, it will convert just fine.

@PcTeknic I see why you are doing that. But, I can assure you that I prefer my method :)

Well, this is not the thread for discussion. So, I'll shut up now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have converted other PAPA videos myself but I never saw on their website or elsewhere any license to share/re-distribute. So, I did not bother. Stream directly from YT would at least  be a safer solution, but straight playback would be either severely letterboxed or really distorted from stretching to fit. If there is a standard format for the source video and how it should playback for people who use either portrait or landscape orientation then it may be possible to insert a filter to get playback looking OK. Not much that can't be done with perseverance but, myself, I've got too many other tasks on my plate at the moment for this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. That is why I was hoping that we could call on PinUP that has already defined where the video would play - resolution etc. But, it seems we're out of luck at least for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Tom,

I see at least one previous request so I'm not the only one interested in trackball support... I'm adding joysticks and trackball to pincab. Multiple mice and multiple keyboard support please!! I'm begging! I've been working on this project for a long time primarily on my laptop never imagining this would be an obstacle/limitation in PBX. Now that it's all coming together it's all falling apart without the support...

Please, please, please and thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to multiple keyboards and multiple mice 2 screen mame support would be great... very natural in a pincab,  you can look down or up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Would it be possible to add an option to scan the PinballX media folder and delete any files that are not being used by the database?

I have various systems set up on pinball X and every time a table comes out for VPX and I remove it from VP9.9 the files are left behind. I have hundreds of duplicate/unused files now and manually sorting them would be very time consuming.

Thanks

Edited by tthurman
Please post feature requests in the Enhancements/Features Requests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love if there was a tick box somewhere to  " Retain Video Aspect Ratio "
So when I drop in files that aren't exactly the right ratio for my back glass etc. It wont stretch them out. 

For example at the moment when I drop a wide screen ( 2.35:1 )  movie trailer in for a back glass video. It gets stretched to fit 16:9 
Looks crappy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

First, a personal thanks for the new "Launch" button, something I have been waiting for and I am loving it.

I also love the addition of the "Import All" it has helped me fill some gaps in my media without having to click each table one at a time.

Not a huge deal but I would like to see a extension to the import enable selection of what media you want to include, for example I don't need Topper media, so it would be nice to be able to exclude these from the media grabs, but under the "All" and the Import on each table.

Thanks,

Wob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's been mentioned before many times, but I have to put in one more plug for being able to sort and/or filter the list by any of the xml fields. Mainly things like year, manufacturer, type, or rating. As more and more great contributors put out awesome work, the list becomes rather big to navigate even skipping by letter. I am aware some of those are included as built-in lists and that you can create custom lists, but that is not as easy to manage and still retains alphabetical sorting.

Still an absolutely amazing piece of software. So regardless, Tom you rock my world and I am so grateful for talented people like yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the time has come to include some improvements that we have suggested several users for PinballX like:

- System selection start menu (Visual, Future, etc)

I consider it a high priority, it can also be optional, that the user decides if he wants to use the current method or system selection.

- Intro videos for all screens and not only in the main one.

You can remove the intro video and that's it, but if you put this option, you should see a video on each screen, which is not currently possible.

- Adjustable position for the table selection menu (Wheel).

I can not put the selection menu below and for MAME the active icon covers part of the video in the horizontal games.
You should be able to position the bar, choose the size of the icons, if you want to curve or straight line, or if you want horizontal or vertical.
Currently there is no type of option for this.

- Favorites list, with add to favorites and remove from favorites.

This can always be done with custom databases, but it would be interesting to be able to do it from the same frontend.

All these options, are available in a new Frontend, PinUp System, and I think it would be a mistake not to reconsider including them since some users could choose to change the system.

-----------------

Creo que ha llegado el momento de incluir algunas mejoras que hemos sugerido varios usuarios para PinballX como:

- Menú de inicio de selección de sistemas (Visual, Future, etc)

Lo considero de prioridad alta, además puede ser opcional, que el usuario decida si quiere usar el metodo actual o selección de sistemas.

- Intro vídeos para todas las pantallas y no solo en la principal.

Se puede quitar el vídeo de intro y listo, pero si se pone esta opción, debería verse un vídeo en cada pantalla, cosa que actualmente no es posible.

- Posición ajustable para el menú de selección de mesas (Wheel).

No puedo poner el menú de selección más abajo y para MAME el icono activo tapa parte del vídeo en los juegos horizontales.
Debería poderse posicionar la barra, elegir el tamaño de los iconos, si se quieren en curva o línea recta, o si se quiere horizontal o vertical.
Actualmente no hay ningún tipo de opción para esto.

- Lista de favoritos, con añadir a favoritos y quitar de favoritos. 

Esto siempre se puede hacer con custom databases, pero sería interesante poder hacerlo desde el mismo frontend.

Todas estas opciones, están disponibles en un nuevo Frontend, PinUp System, y creo que sería un error no reconsiderar incluirlas ya que algunos usuarios podrían optar por cambiar de sistema.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PcTeknic said:

I think the time has come to include some improvements that we have suggested several users for PinballX like:

- System selection start menu (Visual, Future, etc)

I consider it a high priority, it can also be optional, that the user decides if he wants to use the current method or system selection.

- Intro videos for all screens and not only in the main one.

You can remove the intro video and that's it, but if you put this option, you should see a video on each screen, which is not currently possible.

- Adjustable position for the table selection menu (Wheel).

I can not put the selection menu below and for MAME the active icon covers part of the video in the horizontal games.
You should be able to position the bar, choose the size of the icons, if you want to curve or straight line, or if you want horizontal or vertical.
Currently there is no type of option for this.

- Favorites list, with add to favorites and remove from favorites.

This can always be done with custom databases, but it would be interesting to be able to do it from the same frontend.

All these options, are available in a new Frontend, PinUp System, and I think it would be a mistake not to reconsider including them since some users could choose to change the system.

-----------------

Creo que ha llegado el momento de incluir algunas mejoras que hemos sugerido varios usuarios para PinballX como:

- Menú de inicio de selección de sistemas (Visual, Future, etc)

Lo considero de prioridad alta, además puede ser opcional, que el usuario decida si quiere usar el metodo actual o selección de sistemas.

- Intro vídeos para todas las pantallas y no solo en la principal.

Se puede quitar el vídeo de intro y listo, pero si se pone esta opción, debería verse un vídeo en cada pantalla, cosa que actualmente no es posible.

- Posición ajustable para el menú de selección de mesas (Wheel).

No puedo poner el menú de selección más abajo y para MAME el icono activo tapa parte del vídeo en los juegos horizontales.
Debería poderse posicionar la barra, elegir el tamaño de los iconos, si se quieren en curva o línea recta, o si se quiere horizontal o vertical.
Actualmente no hay ningún tipo de opción para esto.

- Lista de favoritos, con añadir a favoritos y quitar de favoritos. 

Esto siempre se puede hacer con custom databases, pero sería interesante poder hacerlo desde el mismo frontend.

Todas estas opciones, están disponibles en un nuevo Frontend, PinUp System, y creo que sería un error no reconsiderar incluirlas ya que algunos usuarios podrían optar por cambiar de sistema.

Interesting. Guess I need to up my game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added favorites (Randr will be happy) and some other nice things. More to come.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see some new features being added. Amazing what a little front end competition will do for development


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ma not sure if I have requested this before but I would love to be able to rate the table inside of PBX menu vs going into the Game List Manager.  I just think it would be more convient to have in PBX GUI.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new functionality as it's being released.  Three minor annoyances:

1.  Bring back my lists in the first selection menu.  It's annoying to have to go to Lists to then get to my lists

2.  Show all lists on selection menus even inside the lists

3.  Bring back change logs.  It's hard to know what's changed when a new release comes out as they seem to have stopped a while ago!

 

Otherwise, love the work!  I haven't jumped ship to Popper just yet!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feature Request: Put in a switch for ignoring "The" at the beginning of a table name for alphabetical sorting.

Eg. "The Lord of The Rings" would be sorted by "Lord" instead of "The"

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Draxonic said:

Feature Request: Put in a switch for ignoring "The" at the beginning of a table name for alphabetical sorting.

Eg. "The Lord of The Rings" would be sorted by "Lord" instead of "The"

 

Just name the table "Lord of the Rings, The"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×