All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

Would it be possible to get a feature that would password protect access to a specific group of tables (such as those deemed mature). There may be other ways of handling this such as ahk, but they come with issues like problems with focus and applying to all tables in a specific database. Instead of evaluating each table in the database every time a table is launched, what I would like to see is a way for PinballX to prompt the player for a password (button sequence on cab) when a group of custom tables is selected from the menu. If the player enters the correct combination the group would then launch as normal, otherwise the player could get an incorrect passcode message (optional maybe) and be returned to the group menu.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE THANKS for the Topper support Tom :)  It's near midnight here, but I will be updating first thing in the morning.

...and thanks to everyone who has shown support for virtual toppers. It's good to know I'm not the only "nutter" out here. lol ;) 

EDIT:  OK I couldn't wait and just uploaded.  Works a treat Tom, but no support for video yet... is that right?

Fantastic stuff Tom! Now if we could get the same support for maybe a couple more "custom" screens, that would be stellar! (even if they can only be still pics, that would still be amazing!)

I sadly can't test this right now, as I'm on course back at the base....but I will check it out as soon as I can!

Thanks Tom!

26 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

Fantastic stuff Tom! Now if we could get the same support for maybe a couple more "custom" screens, that would be stellar! (even if they can only be still pics, that would still be amazing!)

I sadly can't test this right now, as I'm on course back at the base....but I will check it out as soon as I can!

Thanks Tom!

Hi, I think it is in the communities interest if artwork types are properly defined. I have no problem adding more but I don't think "custom" is such a great idea. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Tom Speirs said:

Hi, I think it is in the communities interest if artwork types are properly defined. I have no problem adding more but I don't think "custom" is such a great idea. Sorry.

Totally understand...and a good idea if the community would pipe in.... I know instruction cards seem to be popular...

Does the "Topper" work with only still pics or do videos also work?

Topper only supports pics with the latest release but I am going to add video support for the next.

As for game manager I would like to add a better fuzzy match for the online artwork but not much else planned for now. There will be a "hide topper" setting with the next release too since it will support videos.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Xantari said:

Any game manager updates coming soon as suggested in prior postings?

Hello @Tom Speirs,

So there is no way to modify the game manager to where you can pick which media files you want to download, hit import once and then have it go through the select function for each piece of media.

Doing it one at a time is so time consuming.

1 hour ago, rablack97 said:

Hello @Tom Speirs,

So there is no way to modify the game manager to where you can pick which media files you want to download, hit import once and then have it go through the select function for each piece of media.

Doing it one at a time is so time consuming.

I do plan to do something with this in the future.

Hi,

First off thanks for all your work, it is a great front end.

The new "All Media" buttons in Game Manager works great, but can I request an extension of that, it would be great to have a "All Missing option" to just fill missing media, so it doesn't replace my already chosen or generated media.

I would also like to add to the voices for a separate launch and menu buttons. I like having the menu enabled so I can look at flyers, instructions, etc. But I would prefer a single button launch of the game, rather than going menu>launch.

I was hoping to assign the menu to a second button (Extra Ball for example)

Thanks,

Wob

Edite: Oh, any chance of a feature request tracking list, something like trello or feathub, save us all doubling up on requests, and so we can see when you have been able to action a request. At the moment it is a little hard to see if any old requests have been done.

1 hour ago, Wob said:

The new "All Media" buttons in Game Manager works great, but can I request an extension of that, it would be great to have a "All Missing option" to just fill missing media, so it doesn't replace my already chosen or generated media.

When did this happen?

Can we get a drop down for the alternateexe tag? Make it read from existing file and see all current alternateexe values currently being used and populate the drop down. Could also make the drop down box text editable so you could add a brand new alternateexe tag as well, which would then get added to the possible lists of alternateexe tags upon further game adds in the alternateexe drop down.

I have to add the game, download the media, then drop to notepad to add the alternateexe tag. Would eliminate another step. 

Additionally, I find myself having to scroll through a list of games and files because the popup window only allows you to type one character to go to a start of a list. For example, if I want to go to the "S" to find star trek. I can only type S. Normally I would expect to be able to start to type "STA" and it would have jumped to the titles or files starting with STA. But that window doesn't work that way, instead if I typed "STA" it would bring me back to the "A"'s! Frustrating.

What the select window really needs is a search box at the top of the window that immediately gains focus upon opening, and when you type "STA" it will dwindle the list down to just those titles or files that have "STA" in the filename or the game title (game title if using the second select button).

This would be a big user experience improvement.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gtxjoe said:

+1 on a separate launch and menu button support. :)

I would love to be able to have the Start button directly launch a table, and the Launch button bring up the menu like it does now. I would also like to see a "back" button (could be coin,etc) function to allow you to instantly go back to the main Wheel (from a sub-wheel,etc) instead of having to always go through the menu to do it.

20 hours ago, TerryRed said:

I would love to be able to have the Start button directly launch a table, and the Launch button bring up the menu like it does now. I would also like to see a "back" button (could be coin,etc) function to allow you to instantly go back to the main Wheel (from a sub-wheel,etc) instead of having to always go through the menu to do it.

And another +1 on this !

20 hours ago, TerryRed said:

You can instantly go back to the main wheel by setting up a simple script that closes the task when you hit ESC (or any other key) while the program is running.

Still waiting for a way to disable automatic key presses though. That's the biggest issue. I wish I could script all the key presses automatically based on what game I load. That way I can have a custom way to automatically go into a specific Pinball Arcade game while not messing with Pinball FX2 or a default Pinball Arcade load.

On 21.4.2017 at 11:48 PM, TerryRed said:

@TerryRed i proposed anoher indea addressing this here:

I still think some dfferenciation would be great (without having to change the settings).

Hi Tom,

thanks a lot for the topper support, works great, allthough it took me a while, to figure out, how it works with two graficcards.

In the end I managed it and now I have to build a new Backbox with an integrated topper Screen :-)

Greetings from Germany

Topper is a Great new feature... Thanks :D

Is it possible to have a default image/video within the media folder,  Media / PinballFX2...  that will show if no other media is present. (similar as what Rocket Launcher use)
On a system basis e.g. = 1 for PinballFX - Another for Pinball Arcade - Another for Future Pinball etc.....

I used the this file

but had to rename is 70 times to work for PinballFX.... (Would be much easier to have one default one)

6 hours ago, casperroux said:

Topper is a Great new feature... Thanks :D

Is it possible to have a default image/video within the media folder,  Media / PinballFX2...  that will show if no other media is present. (similar as what Rocket Launcher use)
On a system basis e.g. = 1 for PinballFX - Another for Pinball Arcade - Another for Future Pinball etc.....

I used the this file

but had to rename is 70 times to work for PinballFX.... (Would be much easier to have one default one)

Should already do it globally but not per system. Just put a video file named no topper in the video folder for global.