All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Enhancements/Features Requests

You know what would be superultracoolandmegaspiffy?

A specified image to display on the backglass at the same time as the loading screen is displayed while loading tables.

I've been trying to sort out a way to do this for some time and reading through the forums.

No dice. Figure it's time to hit up the ole' request line...

• Like 4

I would also love a separate backglass loading screen. I've got some cabinet theme art for the playfield portrait 1080x1920 and backglass landscape 1920x1080 and would love to show these off as loading screens.

Thanks for your consideration Tom

• Like 3

On 7.5.2016 at 1:46 AM, Carny_Priest said:

Yes, in Instruction Cards. Just have to put your png images there in sequence 

filename.png

filename 1,png

filename 2.png

and so on.

Thank you for your quick respondents Carny_Priest! :D

But I have now the problem, that the Table Guides get showing up on the Backglass Monitor. :mellow:

I have for now only a 2 Monitor setup and the DMD Display is in the way and the Table-Guide gets distorted. :(

How can I switch the Settings, that the Instruction Cards (Table Guides) gets showing up on the Table-Monitor, like the Flyer Images (max 8 pages long) did? :rolleyes:

I tried many differnt thinks, but after 5 hours I gave up ... :angry:

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide! :) 

Backglass.jpg

When I shut Down the second Monitor completly and touches non of the Settings and starts PinballX again, than the Instruction Cards (Table Guides) gets showing on the Table-Monitor, but I don't have a second Monitor for the DMD and Backglass any more ... so it must be possible to get it right <_<

Backglass-2.jpg

It would be very nice to have the option in the settings directly, where the Instruction Cards gets showing off, like the DMD settings!

Or just give me unlimeted Flyer-Images pages for dislaying! :) 

30 minutes ago, BonusMagnus said:

Thank you for your quick respondents Carny_Priest! :D

But I have now the problem, that the Table Guides get showing up on the Backglass Monitor. :mellow:

I have for now only a 2 Monitor setup and the DMD Display is in the way and the Table-Guide gets distorted. :(

How can I switch the Settings, that the Instruction Cards (Table Guides) gets showing up on the Table-Monitor, like the Flyer Images (max 8 pages long) did? :rolleyes:

I tried many differnt thinks, but after 5 hours I gave up ... :angry:

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide! :) 

Backglass.jpg

When I shut Down the second Monitor completly and touches non of the Settings and starts PinballX again, than the Instruction Cards (Table Guides) gets showing on the Table-Monitor, but I don't have a second Monitor for the DMD and Backglass any more ... so it must be possible to get it right <_<

Backglass-2.jpg

It would be very nice to have the option in the settings directly, where the Instruction Cards gets showing off, like the DMD settings!

Or just give me unlimeted Flyer-Images pages for dislaying! :) 

Yes, in Instruction Cards. Just have to put your png images there in sequence 

filename.png

filename 1,png

filename 2.png

and so on.

Not sure much can be done about the DMD obstructing the backglass. Probably would require some autohotkey scripting at least. As for the distortion, you will need to convert the source pdf pages to swf files instead of png. There are freeware tools to do that.

OR

You can become a supporting member and gain download access to the FTP. All of those table guides have been converted. Many of those by me.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see some kind of 'day/night' mode within Pinball X.

My problem is - when I am playing pinball late at night the volume is too loud, as well as too noisy from the solenoids controlled by DOF.

Whilst starting the game, would it be possible to add a sub menu to say:

1 - Normal mode
2 - Turn off DOF
3 - Turn off DOF and reduce volume by 50%
4 - Turn off DOF and disable all audio

Have no idea if this is possible via Pinball X.....

Would like to see a separate Launch button (which launches the table) along with the existing Select button (brings up table categories or start table)

I know the Select button has the one click option to get the simple Table Launch behavior.  I would like to see both Select and Launch options available at same time

• Like 2

Hi guys, I am new to this and just getting my head around everything, one thing I though would be nice is if we delete a table in Game Manager, an option could be there to delete all associalted media files in PinballX too.

What do you think?

• Like 2

Recent improvements to PinballX have been fabulous. As a game collecting completist, I was especially happy to see the end of the limitation on list sizes. I would like to second prior requests to lift the cap on the number of company logos that can be displayed. The current cap isn't high enough to support all the pinball companies, and if you're also using PinballX for MAME, the cap become more problematic still.

Thanks for continually making this wonderful software even better.

• Like 1

Photo in Hi-Scores

PinballX offers the possibility of Hi-Scores or Leader Boards.

Would it be possible to develop a pluggin Hi-Scores only that machine and to make a picture of the player each time a score is made, putting this as the file name?

The pluggin could even be paid, the person concerned would pay for it if necessary.

-----------------------

Foto en Hi-Scores

PinballX ofrece la posibilidad de Hi-Scores o Leader Boards.

¿Sería posible desarrollar un pluggin de Hi-Scores solo de esa máquina y que hiciera una foto al jugador cada vez que se realiza una puntuación, poniendo esta como nombre del archivo?

El pluggin podría ser incluso de pago, la persona interesada pagaría por ello si es necesario.

--------------------------

Add Exit Option

I need add 1 exit option to PinballX.

Return

Exit

Exit to (Custom program)

Shutdown

We can now exit or exit to a program with the exit options, but not both.

Might be nice to have more than one Launch Audio per table played randomly like it does for the Loading Animations. Some of these tables have so many great samples

• Like 4

I have some feature request or maybe a bug report.

I set up my backglass with some x position not zero; so, the real backglass does not cover the whole display area.

The problem are screenshots. These obviously cover the complete display area instead of only the backglass area (bug?).

Bug or not, this is extremely annoying, because I can use them as backglass images only after cropping them to the correct dimension.

Would be very handy, if PinballX would really use the x,y positioning and dimensions when making a screenshot. Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

During the attract mode it might be nice to have the Tutorial and Gameplay folders included. So when the wheel stops on a table it will randomly pick from a table video, a gameplay video or a tutorial video to play for that table.

Also saw some videos on different pinball techniques ..got me thinking it might be helpful to have another folder in the media folders called Skills. Just like the Tutorial and Gameplay folders only this folder would have videos that would help you with your pinball Skills. 

Hope you consider, thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In this video we see the integration that led MAME in PinballX, 200 ROMS moment that surely expand.

I've used a lot of material Draco and TeddyRed, to which I added the horizontal and some I have changed.

Now I have two things.

1.DMD

I've seen some video DMD, but few of time, ideally the same way as when there is the DMD, the DMD PinballX shows when the list was in use MAME, would show a general DMD for MAME.

I do not like putting twice the marquees.

You can also make a game of Wheels that fit well.

2. Wheel position or size.

I wish the selected game Megadocklet not rise much, which could adjust the position, see if TOM surprised me in a future release.

-----------------------------------

En este vídeo podemos ver la integración que llevo de MAME en PinballX, de momento 200 ROMS que se ampliarán seguramente.

He utilizado mucho material de Draco y TeddyRed, al cual he añadido los horizontales y algunos que he modificado.

Ahora me faltan dos cosas.

1.DMD

He visto algun vídeo DMD, pero pocos de momento, lo ideal sería que del mismo modo que cuando no encuentra el DMD, muestra el DMD de PinballX, cuando fuera MAME la lista en uso, mostrase un DMD general para MAME.

No me gusta poner dos veces las marquesinas.

También se puede hacer un juego de Wheels que queden bien.

2. Posición o tamaño del Wheel.

Me gustaría que el Megadocklet del juego seleccionado no subiera tanto, que se pudiera ajustar la posición, a ver si TOM me sorprende en una futura versión.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion/Feature Request: The ability to send selected PinballX sounds to a separate secondary sound device.

Reason: I have tactile feedback at the flippers driven by a vibrating sound driver mounted under the lockbar.  In VP I separate mechanical sounds and send them to this vibrating driver so that I feel them as well as hear them.  All other sounds/music go to the main sound system as normal.

The Goal: To have the PBX's table menu sound (the "clunk") come from the lockbar. Not only will I then feel the clunk, but it will be coming from the direction of the menu wheel.  All other PBX intro/attract music would still be played via the main sound system within the cabinet & backbox.

Feature Proposal:

Option to show menu only, when enter ist pressed longer. (As before a short pressed key starts the table directly, if chosen in the settings).

Background: I really love to start a table directly without going to one more menu (and it's much more fun, when you play with friends).

On the other hand with this setting, I miss really a lot of more possibilities, that are contained within the menu.

My suggestion would eliminate that dilemma :)

• Like 4