All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Startup Issues

campusco

Having some problems with a new install.  Just purchased my first table.  Everything seems to be installed properly.  Working off of a PC 64bit.  When I launch PinballX, everything loads fine and looks great.  I have no way to feed credits to start a game and starting a game never seems to happen.  It will tell me the game is launching.  I hit the button I've synced for credits and nothing happens.  Any suggestions?  Maybe I just don't understand how the platform operates?  I've watched dozens of videos and spent days trying to get a table to start an actual game with no luck.

Hi, you will want to attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files when reporting an issue as they contain lots if info for others to help you troubleshoot. They will be located in the \pinballx\config and \pinballx\log paths. Just drag an and drop in reply to this thread.

Second, you will need to tell us what table you purchased for what pinball program. Absolutely required must as each program has its setup idiosyncrasies and requirements.

@campusco

I have the exact same cabinet.    I am guessing you are talking about Visual Pinball.    I  had to update VPMKeys.VBS (Visual Pinball\Scripts) to get it to work right when I first setup my cab to use the button mapping I wanted.   I use the button labeled "L" to use to insert coins in VPX.  (Note:  It really maps to the the 1 though, that picture is wrong)    I set Coin3 in VP to that button and it works perfectly.   I have the X button set to start the game.

Just I side note.   The Extensions controller is really just an I-PAC 2 controller.   I downloaded https://www.ultimarc.com/download.html and changed the left flipper

and right flipper from C and V to Left and Right Shift since that is the default for nearly every pinball game.   I left all the other keys how they were configured.

Pin 1 SW4 changed to Left Shift

Pin 1 SW2 changed to Right Shift

i_pac_cfg.png

Line I changed in VPMKeys.VBS

keyInsertCoin3   = 2  '(5)    Insert coin in slot 3, set to button 1 on Extension's cabinet

Here is my VPX key settings.

vpx_key.png

Here in my PBX key settings.

pbx_keys.png

Tells me that the game is launching.  Table comes up on the main glass and back glass but doesn't allow me to actually play or load credits.  Is it possible that I don't have the actual game and it's just a picture and all of the media?  This is on PinballX

3 hours ago, campusco said:

Tells me that the game is launching.  Table comes up on the main glass and back glass but doesn't allow me to actually play or load credits.  Is it possible that I don't have the actual game and it's just a picture and all of the media?  This is on PinballX

PinballX comes with demo media only. It does not sound like you have installed Visual Pinball or any other pinball game software.

• Haha 1