All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Upgrading GameEx after a decade.... Where to start over?

Toonces

So yes, it's been 10 years since I last upgraded gameex, mame and daphne. My current setup is a tired P4 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 300GB IDE HDD, ArcadeVGA (AGP), JPAC and an LEDWiz running on XP pro with GameEx 9.53 in a Namco Cyberlead cabinet. It's served me well over the last 10+ years but is overdue for a refresh. My new donor PC is a Lenovo M82 SFF i3-3220 (may upgrade to i5-3570) with 16GB of ram, 4TB HDD, AMD HD6450 flashed with ATOM-15 to be installed in my trusty Namco Cyberlead cabinet. The only emulators I had setup were MAME, Daphne, SNES and Zinc (The only way to play Mr. Driller on such ancient hardware). I have the latest MAME .201 and want to update the other emulators as available and add N64 and maybe a few other consoles. As I will be starting over, what is the current best setup suggestions? Windows 7 or 10? GameEX Arcade? I don't need the HTPC functionality really, just emulators. It's in a cabinet with dedicated controls and I still want my Blinky LED buttons too :D

I am guessing I'll need to refresh my license file as well. Does the Arcade version use the same gameex.key? Any suggestions on replacing my ancient hardware with something a little more modern is appreciated!

Thanks,

Toonces

• Thanks 1