All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Installed newest version, now I can't even coin up or start a game

xman2win

I am not sure why the versions expire.  Everything worked well but since I installed the latest version, I can choose the game but it will not coin up or start the game.  Since I only download and install this when necessary, I am not very familiar with it.  I have tried downloading and reinstalling the latest version several times without any success.  Is there any way to go back to the previous version?  Or has anyone had a similar problem and can pass along the fixes?  Thanks in advance.

The auto configure in VP is not on.  I am not sure how to pull up the ini file or the pinballx log.  There was one interesting note.  It says the working path and tables path of future pinball do not exist.  I have tried to push the buttons I want to use but nothing happens when I push the buttons.  Just lost and frustrated.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Hello again,

I updated PBX 3.13 and nothing has changed.  The only times I get in to the computer end of this is when I have to update it.  I hope I have attached the correct files for review.  I have not changed any of the settings since installing the newest version but since I put PBX 3.13, it will now not even let me choose a game.  Before it would let me choose a game and then not allow me to start it.  Is there a way to go back to previous versions?  Everything worked so well previously.  Anyway, if anyone can let me know what I need to do to get this to work, I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

log.txt

PinballX.ini

I installed this version.  It is better but I cannot play games on it yet.  I really don't know how to change the settings on this.  The start button does not do anything like before.  I can start the game with the keyboard but it doesn't do anything.  There is an odd sound the game makes (it does the same sound on all games) and then nothing.  It is almost like it is frozen.  The only thing I can do is escape out to the "wheel".  I am not sure if I need to change the settings to make it recognize the start button or if something more detailed needs to happen.  Any and all help is appreciated.  The files are attached again if they can help figure this out.  Thanks.

log.txt

PinballX.ini

• 2 weeks later...

I am just lost on this.  I have downloaded and installed the latest version more times than I can count.  The keyboard buttons work fine but I have a start button on the machine that does nothing now.  The button that used to add coins now pulls up a screen with instructions.  That also is new.  I have no idea what to change to make the game start with the start button.  I have tried to change the settings to recognize the button in the settings but it won't.  The game worked fine until I installed the latest version and now most things don't work.  Is there a setting to go from keyboard to other buttons?  Just lost....

5 hours ago, xman2win said:

I am just lost on this.  I have downloaded and installed the latest version more times than I can count.  The keyboard buttons work fine but I have a start button on the machine that does nothing now.  The button that used to add coins now pulls up a screen with instructions.  That also is new.  I have no idea what to change to make the game start with the start button.  I have tried to change the settings to recognize the button in the settings but it won't.  The game worked fine until I installed the latest version and now most things don't work.  Is there a setting to go from keyboard to other buttons?  Just lost....

Not sure you caught what fixed mine in this exact way.  PinMAME controls what happens to the ROM in your VPx games. (coin op/start)  Update that.  I had to go from 3.0->3.1.  This is not a PinballX issue.