All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Is Netflix Pigeonholing you?

RIP-Felix

https://bgr.com/2016/02/10/netflix-ratings-what-they-mean-how-they-work/

My problem with this is that my list of suggested movies, TV, and "because you watched" have all funneled down to things I don't want to see. I assumed it was all Netflix has to offer. But my dad's profile has stuff in it I would like to watch and My profile doesn't even show it at all unless I type search for it. If I go to movies and scroll all the way through them, I never see it at all. It thinks I'm not interested based on the category Netflix binned me into. I'm not a statistical category! I have categorically diverse tastes! I would like to have a shuffle button. An option that says: "Hey, you seem to think I want to see a bunch of stuff I don't and keep putting it in front of me. Stop that and give me something new."

This is the limitation of software trying to present us with products we might like based off what we buy, watch, or websites we visit. Eventually it thinks it has us figured out, and doesn't realize it is just presenting us with crap other people like.

^^ this. I routinely look at this website instead, lots of gems in there that don't make it into my recommendations... It's also nice that Amazon stuff is posted there too.

https://instantwatcher.com

Of course, most of my viewing is through Plex nowadays anyhow. :)