All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PBX 3.12 / 64: error loading plugins

Joppnl

Hello,

(first a word of thanks for all the PBX releases, the new functionality and the great support nowadays....great, thanks!)

Now...

Running VPX/32 bit is working fine now: including pin2dmd support.

However, re-installing it as a 64 bit program gives some problems (machine is W7/64).

I do see that PBX does execute my defined startup-command (changing resolution and orientation of the pf screen) so PBX is launching but after that, just a windows screen as nothing happened: PBX crashed fully.

Looking into the log it gives an error on loading 2 plugins.    That might be the problem then (may-be these plugins are not 64 bit?)  but...how can I tell/read from the log which 2 plugins are giving this problem?

(so, to make clear: ... running pbx AND these plugins in 32 biit do work fine).

Thank you!

log.txt

PinballX.ini

I am not at my machine nor do I run plugins at present with PinballX, but is there somewhere in the \PinballX path a plugin manager? If so, open it and identify what plugins are in the plugin 1 and plugin 2 entries.

13:15:10.3  21-8-2018:  Could Not Load Plugin: 1
13:15:10.3  21-8-2018:  Could Not Load Plugin: 2

Disabling them should resolve the issues you are encountering unless you need the plugins, in which case you will have to revert back to 32-bit PinballX.

Thanks for your support Draco.

**Update **

Got it non-crashing!

Not sure what it was but....
I was installing the new version over the old one., then it gave me the crash.

Then I decided to empty the PBX working directory (but mot the media and other folders).  I could not delete flash.ocx, the PC says I need rights for it I do not have (although I am admin on this PC...)

But I could rename this file which I did. 

Then installed PBX/64 again and...no crash!!

But...also no lights any more.    Now, not a big problem but it would be nice to have them back when changing a table.

These plug ins are installed as the manager tells, the first 2 are enabled normally and normally with the /32 these give me the DOF-lights.

Iplugins.JPG.c53336f7851dec9b26d9c12cf865217a.JPG

I must say that the /64 works a lot faster then the /32 on my machine, wheels are being displayed much faster now so that is an advantage.

Do I need an other plugin for having some DOF-effects?

BTW: when I run the plugin manager now seperately and I click on the LED-plugin manager and I say 'test' then the lights are on so the plugin seems to work as a stand alone (so it works on /64) but not within PBX 3.12)

Not a very big issue but...would be nice-to-have-them-back

Thank you!

There have been performance improvements in the latest releasew this week for 32 bit as well.

Unfortunatly, running 32 bit plugins on a 64 bit PinballX is not something easy to resolve. 

This was all explained when I made the 64 bit version available a few months ago.

Got it, thank you.

now...is there a 64-bit plugin for PBX which enables DOF- functionality when browsing tables?

As I see it here: LED-plugin is the one doing this and it was written by Tom...

However...this does work on my 64 bit machine as stand alone...only not within PBX...

Thank you!

Ok, thank you for the support.

I will see if PBX /64 has benifits over the /32, now I experience a faster response (my pc is not that fast) but may-be the new version (I'm on 3.12) will also be faster in /32 and then I have best of both worlds.

Only thing I can not explain is that the plugin in the plugin manager and test mode runs fine in Win /64  but not in pbx/64 so (for me) it seems that the plugin itself is capable running in /64 mode.

But, it's fine, no issue, either I can choose /32 with led's or /64 without, both are fine. Thanks!

• 3 months later...