All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DOF plugin "Error, DirectOutput framework not found", multiple attempts, no luck

supermario0523

Hi all-

I have gotten a new cpu build for pinball, and a month or so ago copied all my table files over after doing a fresh install of pinballx and vpx. Since the project has been an upgrade as well as adding new things like DOF Linx, it's taken me a while to get to setting up PinballX DOF. VPX DOF and FX3 DOFLinx work great now. But I can't get PinballX DOF to work. I reinstalled R3++ DOF, copied over the PinballX Plugin to the plugins folder, and in the plugin manager, the state says "Error! DirectOutput framework not found. Make sure the DOF com object is registered.".

This is not the case when looking at the config test within the directoutput folder itself. I'm not sure which files would be helpful (I did read the sticky), but I have attached the log from the PBX folder, as well as the 2 globalconfig files from my DirectOutput config folder. I'm hoping I overlooked something, but I am dotting my i's and crossing my t's, comparing to the file structure from my old build, and I see no reason why I should be having this issue.

Please let me know if there are ay additional files or further info I can provide.

Thanks!

log.txt

GlobalConfig_B2SServer.xml

GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml

Hey Tom,

I'll give it a try when I get home tonight

Also, not sure if this is related... My teensy flashes like it's receiving data immediately upon PBX 3.12 boot (even with DOF plugin disabled), and subsequently launches tables locks out the teensy... But only that. The rest of DOF works. This is not an issue when I load direct from VPX. I tried rolling back to PBX 3.0 and that solution remedies the problem

Thanks 

hmm, odd the PBX 3 works. Can't think of anything that has changed that would affect DOF or plugins.

I did see or read something about the teensy interfering with real dmds. You could try the option to install PIN2DMD support and then use dmdevice.dll from a VPMAME install.

Have you tried moving your direct output to the root of the C drive instead of a sub folder...
I have read where people have problems when it was not root of drive..
I have also read where people had problems when they have a space in the folder structure...
I have mine on the root of the drive and with any version of DOF I have ever used I have never had a problem...

More info

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=DOF

So, Tom- I tried installing with Pin2DMD support and copied the DMDDevice.dll from the VPinMAME folder, and it worked on the first try... the Teensy was not being interfered with and a table would load properly. I don't know what I bugged up after that, but this was the only time I got it to work. Now with this solution, the table loading will crash pinballx. I looked at the log of events before the crash, and nothing is really showing any errors. I tried going int he PBX folder and deleting every DMD file except for XDMD, and everything seems happy now. Addressable LEDs work when tables launch, DOF works on tables (still not on PBX), and we are on 3.13... very strange

Hey Tom- I tried re-running the RegisterComComponent as admin again, and tried your ZIP replacing my files (adjusting the xml's appropriately) and still no luck. I did this week, however, switch all my toys to run of relays connected to the LEDWiz,  so the LED plugin manager can knock my toys as desired... just obviously no Teensy action. 

I had to install DirectOutput in "C:\Visual Pinball\tables\plugins\DirectOutput" instead of "C:\DirectOutput".. Also I had to search "regedit" for Directoutput and delete the file that says directoutputcomobject and I also deleted anything else that said directoutput. Then run as admin "RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe" again. Make sure you change your global configs to new location.  All worked fine after that. PinballX found DOF. This is file DOF files Im using. 

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/downloads/DirectOutput-mjr-20180830.zip

10 hours ago, spider228 said:

I had to install DirectOutput in "C:\Visual Pinball\tables\plugins\DirectOutput" instead of "C:\DirectOutput".. Also I had to search "regedit" for Directoutput and delete the file that says directoutputcomobject and I also deleted anything else that said directoutput. Then run as admin "RegisterDirectOutputComObject.exe" again. Make sure you change your global configs to new location.  All worked fine after that. PinballX found DOF. This is file DOF files Im using. 

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/downloads/DirectOutput-mjr-20180830.zip

This EXACTLY did it! I didn't re-install, but I did remove every key and value in the registry referring to DOFConfig, and re-registered... and VOILA! Thank you so much!