All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Frame skip / Lag

ShadowFlame

hi there.

i did a fresh install of pinball x 3.10 and i still the tables start to experience lag and frame rate issues where the ball doesn't move smoothly across the playfield. I have tested with 2 graphics cards one was a radeon r9 280x and the other is a Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 and both experience the same issue.

The tables start out fine but then the issues appear but not always within the same amount of time playing. I have checked for either a heat issue with the CPU or GPU but both are well within acceptable temps. I am running on Windows 7 64bit. I have tried the 32 bit version of Pinball X but same issue.

CPU is a i7 860 at 2.8ghz and the computer has 8gb of DDR3.  I was experiencing the issues with earlier versions of Pinball X so i did a clean install of the software but it still persists. Please someone help i am at my wits end here.  If i need to attach logs or anything please let me know which ones and where they are located. 

36 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Might be a sliiy question but the tables play fine outside of PinballX?

Actually it isn't a silly question as it seems to happen in VPX as well without Pinball X. I have no idea what to do. i posted the question at Vpforums, but i am really out of ideas.