All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX 3.07 though 3.10 MP4 playback

GAH1068

Strange issue that I am seeing.    MP4 table videos files that I have  been using for 7 months are no longer working in PinballX since I upgrade passed version 3.06.    F4V video playback is fine though.   I also have

an issue with the default PinballX DMD video playing on my PinDMDV3 in PinballX now as well.    It is also a MP4 so I am wondering if this is somehow related.     I haven't updated anything else that I would think would cause this problem .     The videos all play fine outside PinballX. 

I have the same issue on 3.07, 3.08 and 3.10.    Previously everything else was working.

[SETTINGS].log

log.txt

PinballX.ini

The Pinball Arcade.xml

pinDMD_log.txt

Edited by Adultery

Moderators - you can delete this post or leave this response for other that may stumble into this..    After a lot of head scatching I finally located the issue.     Microsoft downlaod some sort of Movies and TV app automatically on my Win 10 Pro system.     It was interferring with PBX.   I just happened to stumble on that VLC or FFV wasn't playing MP4 videos by default anymore.    Once I found out what was going on I was able to fix things by running

Powershell 

Get-AppxPackage *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage

MP4 vides are now playing fine again.    Sorry for the false alarm.

• Thanks 1