All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX wont open after update to 3.07

spaceship

I just updated to the latest version of pinballx (3.07) using the installer and now pinballx will not launch at all.  I'm not sure what version I updated from, it was at least a year old.  My system is running windows 7.  PinballXLite will run, but not the full program.  Ive tried running the program as Admin, still nothing.

Hello,

same problem here but I have some additional info.

Updated from 2.96/32 to 3.07/64 :

Install works fine, asks for a reboot, did that.  When starting PBX  the screen rotates 90 degrees (as I dit tell PBX in the start line command to start iRotate) and then....nothing, the same windows home-screen as was before starting PBX.

Looking into the Taskmanager doesn't show PBX (to say: even when closing PBX in 2.96 it remains active as a program in the taskmanager....)

See the init and log files for the 64 bit error attached

Then I switched to 3.07/32 bit:

Program does start but no (pin2dmd) display.

However...starting i.e. Funhouse won't start the backglass (where starting FH directly in VPX it does).  I hoped this would have been solved in 3.09 but, at least in  /32, it isnt.

I do know there are more people having this same problem.   It's not only with FH but there are some more (not that many, I guess 2 or 3 out of 200) but I test it with FH.

2nd try: after this 3.07/32 install I replaced my working, existing dmddevice.dll from the 2.96 version to the 3.07 (overwriting it) but, as it was exectly the same one what was already in, it did not have any effect.

Also attached the log and ini files from the /32 setup.

And as the error might be in Dutch I did more/less translate it for you.

Reverting now to 2.96...everything ok.... and, btw, tried the install a number of times, all same result.

Thanks for your help!

log 32.txt

PinballX 32.ini

PinballX 64.ini

log 64.txt

8 hours ago, Joppnl said:

Hello,

same problem here but I have some additional info.

Updated from 2.96/32 to 3.07/64 :

Install works fine, asks for a reboot, did that.  When starting PBX  the screen rotates 90 degrees (as I dit tell PBX in the start line command to start iRotate) and then....nothing, the same windows home-screen as was before starting PBX.

Looking into the Taskmanager doesn't show PBX (to say: even when closing PBX in 2.96 it remains active as a program in the taskmanager....)

See the init and log files for the 64 bit error attached

Then I switched to 3.07/32 bit:

Program does start but no (pin2dmd) display.

However...starting i.e. Funhouse won't start the backglass (where starting FH directly in VPX it does).  I hoped this would have been solved in 3.09 but, at least in  /32, it isnt.

I do know there are more people having this same problem.   It's not only with FH but there are some more (not that many, I guess 2 or 3 out of 200) but I test it with FH.

2nd try: after this 3.07/32 install I replaced my working, existing dmddevice.dll from the 2.96 version to the 3.07 (overwriting it) but, as it was exectly the same one what was already in, it did not have any effect.

Also attached the log and ini files from the /32 setup.

And as the error might be in Dutch I did more/less translate it for you.

Reverting now to 2.96...everything ok.... and, btw, tried the install a number of times, all same result.

Thanks for your help!

log 32.txt

PinballX 32.ini

PinballX 64.ini

log 64.txt

Did you also copy over the modified xdmd dlls?. You may also need flashengine.dll.

Hi Tom,

well....as you ask it that way...I guess not :-) 

I did use the total package installer  as comes with the 3.07 download but do I need these files also?

Can you pls tell me where I can find those then I'll give it a new try,

thank you!