All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX3 Backglass video display problem while in game

GAH1068

Running latest PinballX 3.06 with  LAV,  DMDExt 1.7.1, 

My system:

Core I7-8700, Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17134.191),  16gb Mem, GTX1080

In Pinball FX3 I have cabinet mode enabled and the game is running fine.   I have table and backglass videos that I had previously been using without issue since March in PinballX.    I intentionally have Game manager setup to keep keep the Backglass video running when a FX3 table is launched to use while in game.   This way I don't have to setup backglass images in FX3.   During one of the last few PinballX updates I started getting part of the backglass cutoff while FX3 and I am just getting back around to figuring out why.    

PinballX appears to intentionally black out both the playfield screen and backglass screen at FX3 table  launch.    The playfield will display fine but 3/4 of my backglass shows black screen with about 1/4 showing my backglass video.   The video itself stops playing as the 1/4 part of the screen stays static.    The video in this example is an MP4 but I have also converted it to a F4V and the problem persists.      This is occuring with ALL my FX3 backglass videos.    Every now and then the backglass is being fully displayed.     When I exit FX3 and go back to PinballX the whole backglass is displaying properly again.

While in PinballX

20180805_091808.jpg

After Table load:

20180805_091923.jpg

PinballX.ini

Pinball FX3.xml

log.txt

[SETTINGS].log

Is anyone else running FX3 and keeping a PinballX backglass video active (meaning not doing a Backglass reposition and copying image files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pinball FX3\data\steam to enable their backglass support)

If I put image files just for FX3 in the folder above I am able to display a backglass image properly but I really like the video versions better from PBX

If someone with a cabinet could test I would greatly apprecate it to see if it is an issue from some updated drivers, dll or FX3 build.

• 2 weeks later...