All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball x keeps exiting to windows

sparkie

Hi hope someone can help.  Everytime i press the exit button the frontend exits to windows instead of the table selection screen.  Its getting a little frustrating now as i think ive tried everything.  Anyone got any ideas or had the same problem solved..

Thanks

Edited by tthurman
Moved to correct forum: PinballX>General

I cant get the ini at the min as the pc is not connected to the internet and im not stripping it at the min to put a usb in .  I think the main issue is that i cannot get the key mappings right.  Is there a file that can be deleted that can reset the visual pinball controller settings.  Im getting nudge at the same time as left and right flipper now and i dont even have any buttons mapped to flippers in the controls settings in visual pinball.  Its happening without launching pinballx now so its deffo to do with visual pinball more.  If i can reset the default layout for visual pinball i mite start t get somewhere..

Can you run the PBX setup again?  Make sure to click the 3 dots next to the control you are editing to bring up the auto-set for whatever key you're about to click so it recognizes the input as you may be using a mapper and maybe it has quit?  There is also an option in the setup to auto-config the controls you might want to have turned off, unless you had it on?

Even with pbx not running im still having conflicts with visual pinball controls the flippers are nudging too and there is no button map for the nudge.  Surely i must gett visual pinball to behave before i map pbx

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sparkie said:

It is quitting to desktop every time so i don't understand why it is not showing in the log files.  I am wondering if a fresh install of the new release might do it.  It's got me stumped.

Hard to troubleshoot such an old version to be honest.