All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Use PinMAME in frontend

Lizard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The question mark on the use pinmame in front end  in display settings says (actually use the pinmame rom and display it on your dmd monitor or dmd unit when in pinballx).

I am a bit confused then if i select yes to use pinmame in front end should it run the rom in pinball x attract mode? If i select yes to use directb2s in front end the directb2s runs in attract mode fine.

I have DMD videos in my media folder, would pinballx use pinmame (if enabled and configured in game manager) or the dmd video as priority? I assume it would be pinmame, and would that also be the case for table Audio files? (ie use rom sounds)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have this working now but there is something fishy going on. Using the junkyard rom jy_12 as an example when i run it through the vpmame test mode it plays fine but when it runs through pinballx in the front end it keeps flashing the (coin door open interlock disables playfield high power) screen in between the other screens. Maybe something to do with the way pinballx runs vpinmame perhaps.

Has anyone come across this before using pinmame in the front end setting ?