All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Why are table images rotated to the right????

hlr53

Building a new cab and working on software for it.

Question:  In the wheel menu the table images (I do not want videos this time around) are all rotated 90 deg to the right. How do I fix this? AND WHY IN THE WORLD ARE THEY DEFAULTED TO THIS ROTATION???

EDIT: I am going to NUKE PBX and uninstall with Revo Uninstaller (removes all remnants of registry items) and reinstall to fix the stuck loading problem. 

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Fresh install (32 bit forced) and the table images are rotated to the right. I thought in the past you could set Display to no rotation? That option is gone.

Now, when I load Future Pinball via FPloader the table is not displaying in the playfield. Works perfectly outside PBX. when I launch direct. I have FP set up in Settings the way I always did using TerryRed's 2016 directions in the FAQ here. Am is missing something else obvious? Hate setting up new systems. Giving my old cab to my son.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Open your pinballx.ini

[Display]
Monitor=0
rotate=90

Change it to rotate=0 then save and relaunch.

EDIT: Installed forced 32-bit and rotate settings show in Setup Wizard:

image.png.be2e6ba1b7197d026387f005f594f2a3.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hlr53 said:

I tried both earlier and no change.  Still rotated to the right.

It started doing this with version 3.

Did you try it before you attached your pinballx.ini? Also, you said that you did not see where you could set rotation. Were you able to find it now with my instruction?

Have you tried copying your pinballx.ini from your other system and tweaking the settings to match the new one?

In your nvidia settings fir your playfield, do you have your monitor set to 1080x1920?

I had a quite a few issues getting my display issues sorted between Windows 10 updates and v3.x changes, although I believe Win 10 to be the true culprit.

Yep, it is all set ok. What is interesting is the table videos for VP and FP all display correctly. It is the images that are rotated. Maybe Tom can take a look?

This was the case for me.  I was almost FORCED to run this (pic) setup as it was becoming too many changes to PBX to get it to maneuver between systems.  Windows is what speaks to the program.  If you use Teamviewer to edit your cab, this is the only downfall I see in going this route as my 'main' display is ultra tall and I scroll constantly.

image.thumb.png.c2e4c84d94b98bde6d5ad2e4fa63120f.png

On 7/27/2018 at 7:40 PM, hlr53 said:

Yep, it is all set ok. What is interesting is the table videos for VP and FP all display correctly. It is the images that are rotated. Maybe Tom can take a look?

@hlr53 - Just for gits and shiggles can you provide a screen capture of your Windows Display settings directly from your pincab (not via TeamViewer or other remote app)? Orientation for the playfield should be set to Portrait.

Sure thing

Done from the cab. I can log into the cab via Windows Remote Desktop Protocol because it has Windows 10 Pro installed. You cannot adjust the displays remotely via RDP. 

I guess I could make attract videos for my Future Pinball tables. The videos in attract mode have lust their luster for me after 2 years - LOL. Bigly FUN when I started out but they get old after awhile.

display_settings.png