All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulators eg. SNES have multiple same Names in viewlist

wolfsoft

Hi I am new to this great monster with tons of features and possibities.

I added SNES Emulator and Database and used  a NoIntro Romset of SNES Games. After scanning I have for example the Namee Actraiser 4 times in a row.

The rest of the title like USA, Japan, ... was missing only the name ActRaiser

How can i get the full name in the GameEX list?

How Can in match the database to the romfiles. Goal is to have all roms of the database (Dat File for clrmame ?)

Is there a selection possibility for USA, Japan, Europe... Games in the SNES Database or else?

Who is holding the database, and how it is possible to add new games to the database, like hacks, translations, language, MSU-1 Games?

Thanks for the noob questions

Have Fun

On 7/23/2018 at 3:43 AM, wolfsoft said:

I added SNES Emulator and Database and used  a NoIntro Romset of SNES Games. After scanning I have for example the Namee Actraiser 4 times in a row.

The rest of the title like USA, Japan, ... was missing only the name ActRaiser

Is there a selection possibility for USA, Japan, Europe... Games in the SNES Database or else?

I assume that you have multiple versions of the rom in your rom folder, such as one for USA, one for Japan, etc. By default, GameEx will include every file in the folder when displaying a game list for the emulators (other than Mame, which is handled differently).

OPTION #1: One simple way to remove 'extra' titles is to simple place the 'extra' roms in a folder outside your rom path.

OPTION #2: Another way is to use the ROM FILTER parameter to only show roms with USA in the filename. For example, this may work: *(USA)*.smc

OPTION #3: Yet another method is to use Mapfiles. A mapfile allows you to control exactly how the title is displayed as well as which titles are displayed. You do need to build the mapfile in a text editor. It is very easy, but can be time consuming. Note that it does not relate to anything else such as game descriptions, ratings, pics, etc, etc. Here is an example for SNES:
   ABC Monday Night Football (U) [!].smc "ABC Monday Night Football"
   ActRaiser (U) [!].smc "ActRaiser"
   ActRaiser 2 (U) [!].smc "ActRaiser 2"
   AD&D - Eye of the Beholder (U) [!].smc "AD&D - Eye of the Beholder"

The format of each line is: <filename> "<title>"

Save your file as <filename>.txt and then change the extension to .map. For example: SNES.map

If you have a game in the folder that you do not want in the list, don't included in the mapfile. Once you have your mapfile done, be sure to go into the SETUP WIZARD > ADVANCED EMULATOR SETUP > MAP OR SW LIST FILE and add the path.

Only using the filename and the ROM FILTER parameter.

There is no option in GameEx to choose games based on region.

How Can in match the database to the romfiles. Goal is to have all roms of the database (Dat File for clrmame ?)

Who is holding the database, and how it is possible to add new games to the database, like hacks, translations, language, MSU-1 Games?

I am fairly sure clrmame only works for Mame, but then again, I have no idea.

In the Emulator Setup, there are two parameters called Database and Use Database Name. If you enable the correct database and use the database name, and if GameEx can find a match, it will obviously display the name contained in the database. This is also how game descriptions, ratings, etc are found. If the wrong name shows up or the filename is displayed as the title, then most likely GameEx cannot find a good match.

The databases are maintained by the GameEx team. While some are very, very complete, less popular consoles are still a work in progress. The database files are located in your GameEx\DATA directory. If you do not have a database for a particular emulator, you can download them from here. If you are familiar with SQL, you can perform your own updates in a database, but I would suggest against it. Some GameEx updates may include database updates, so it is possible that your work may be overwritten.

Also, in the future, when requesting assistance regarding your setup, please post your gameex.ini file and log.txt file. Every person's GameEx setup is different and those files give us some insight into how YOU have yours configured. Thanks.

I forget that there are mapfiles for many consoles in the GameEx\MAP FILES directory.

If you go that route, you will notice that the format of the lines are a bit different. There are actually two ways to format a line. I gave the method using quotes and the files in the MAP FILE directory uses the pipe (|). Either are actually ok.

Also, if you need to edit or take any lines out, I suggest making a copy of the file and using it as your mapfile.

• 2 weeks later...