All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DMD & FX3

BrandonLaw

Here's the deal.  I have the DMD bat file firing up with PFX3 no problem.  Frames are grabbed...I beat the ball around a little and figure it's time to hit another table.  Esc out to front-end and choose another table.  NADA.  What is happening is it seems the --quit-when-done parameter for the command line isn't recognized.  I assume when that parameter is recognized, the window shuts down? As in goes away?  Basically,  I need it to shut down to begin the process again and take advantage of the 'start before' feature of PBX.  Might be a CMD thing I'm missing?  I can hit ctrl+c or of course close the window, but that does me no good for automation.  To clarify, this isn't a PBX issue, just a feeler for why the parameter may not be working correctly.

Greetings BrandonLaw,

I literally have the exact same issue. Those parameters don’t seem to work. I’ve worked around it by creating a BAT file but the downfall is you need to run it as admin—so my fix was to then make it an EXE and do a Launch after.

Overall it’s working like a charm now but it was a HUGE pain in the butt. If you don’t find any answers, let me know and I can write up my process of using a BAT / EXE to close DMDExt after changing tables.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thumbs up, brother!  That would be great as I am comfortable doing either.  Did you just go the 'Ctrl+C' route as a 'run after' bat?  Let's sort this out as it's driving me nutty.  It's funny as GitHub I believe states that the software updates to the FX series could break it at any time....looks like that time is now.:o

This has always been an issue when adding dmdext to a front end.  The process doesn't close out, and when you reopen it again, NADA.

just add this to a txt

taskkill /F /IM dmdext.exe

and change the extension to .bat 

use that file as your launch after...you can do the same with autohotkey, which is what i used i even added a slight pause then ran the taskill command again, to ensure it was closed out.

If you want to avoid FX3 breaking your setup, just back up your fx3 folder in steam, or make the folder read only.

• Like 1