All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] PinballX DMD

hawkeyez88

I've been trying to figure out how to get the settings right so that when scrolling through the tables I have loaded that the DMD shows up. Am I missing something here? Or extra video files?

I have DMD enabled in the display settings and use PinMAME in Front End set to No.

Way too little information to go by. Can you attach copies of your log.txt and pinballx.ini files to be reviewed and note whether or not that you have dmd video files in the dmd video folders with the same name as your pinmame game names?

• 4 weeks later...

I've done complete uninstalls and re-installs of everything 32 bit and 64 bit- Pinballx - gotten the latest pin2dmd dlls and placed them in the pinballx directory, ensured all dlls are unblocked, running as admin, etc. Still can't seem to get even at the least the no dmd video to display. I've seen multiple posts about this type of issue being solved by placing the files from the pin2dmd integration folders, tried that as well and still have a blank dmd in pinballx, fx2, fx3, vpx all work from launching inside of pinballx and display dmd results, even run pinball arcade outside of pinballx and have dmd results, just not sure what driver or dll i'm missing.

[SETTINGS].log

log.txt

Im not able to test a pin2dmd but basically you need xdmd.dll xdmdnative.dll and the dmddevice.dll and usb driver from the latest PinMAME installation. You should also use the correct architecture, 32 or 64 bit. You need 32 bit for your current PinballX install.

Thanks Tom, these files worked! I can now see the pinballx video in attract mode. I'm seeing DMD display also for some of my vpx games, but the ones for PBFX3 are all distorted and look like it's playing 2 of them at a time. Am I understanding the PinMAME options correctly? That hide should be set to "no" and use in frontend should be set to yes for it to use the altcolor roms?

Note: Pin2DMD support is for the moment currently included in the PinballX installer in 3.11 because due to some changes in XDMD Lucky's dll's will not currently work. Once he updates them I will probably remove them from the install.

Just select the option when installing.

Cheers.

Tom.

• Like 1