All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need help!

Gilrock

Funny I'm seeing these emails from this topic about how easy it is to setup and I've spent all morning trying to relearn how to setup lists.  I had an operational setup but never updated it the last few years.  So I'm trying to get up to date today and I'm finding it real confusing which is strange since I used to be quite good with this program.

So my questions might be feature requests:

1)  Is there a way to delete a list without doing it manually in file manager?

2)  Can I deactivate a list?  I sometimes want to configure PinballX with much less games when I have visitors.  I'd like to be able to just check a box beside lists I want inactive.

One issue I already worked out is Pinball FX2 was an Other System in my setup until upgrading today.  So I thought I could just disable the system in case I needed to look at any of the settings to get the new FX2 stuff working.  Well it took me quite a while to figure out why all my FX2 database lists were showing up twice in Game Manager.  I finally manually edited the PinballX.ini file to delete FX2 as an other system because I saw no way to delete it within the PinballX Settings app.  I just wonder how easy all this would be for someone who isn't a seasoned PC expert/software developer like me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well between June 29th-30th I saw several messages from this thread streaming to my email.  Then I asked a couple questions and all of sudden no one can speak.  So I tried PinUp Popper and frankly I can't see why anyone would go back to PinballX.  The speed is incredible.  You really see why a database is so much better than XML parsing.  And its not just a front end with the PupPacks it enhances the games by sampling data sent to the DMD and triggering video or game instructions.  The pinball tables using that feature are better than the original tables.  So thanks for ignoring me.

I don't think you were ignored in as much as you posted some setup questions in the wrong forum (this one instead of PinballX General) and your post was overlooked.

PinballX and Pinup Popper are both fine for what they do. Glad you found one that suits your needs. Others may disagree with you, but this isn't the place for that kind of debate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gilrock said:

Well between June 29th-30th I saw several messages from this thread streaming to my email.  Then I asked a couple questions and all of sudden no one can speak.  So I tried PinUp Popper and frankly I can't see why anyone would go back to PinballX.  The speed is incredible.  You really see why a database is so much better than XML parsing.  And its not just a front end with the PupPacks it enhances the games by sampling data sent to the DMD and triggering video or game instructions.  The pinball tables using that feature are better than the original tables.  So thanks for ignoring me.

I can think of many ways where pinballx is better too but I'm professional and not a brat.

Nothing is ignored here. Ignoring requires time and is a deliberate action. It's something I simply don't do.

Good luck.

Ps. I don't mind a bit of social chat but can we get down to business and just be allowed to build better products for the community. Does it really have to be handbags at dawn going on and My little pony is better than your cabbage patch doll? Lol

Sorry if I'm rude but we are all too old for acting like little kids right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can't assume we're all adults, this is the internet after all. ;)

I'm going to have to start moderating this thread more closely it looks like...

1 hour ago, Tom Speirs said:

I can think of many ways where pinballx is better too but I'm professional and not a brat.

Nothing is ignored here. Ignoring requires time and is a deliberate action. It's something I simply don't do.

Good luck.

Ps. I don't mind a bit of social chat but can we get down to business and just be allowed to build better products for the community. Does it really have to be handbags at dawn going on and My little pony is better than your cabbage patch doll? Lol

Sorry if I'm rude but we are all too old for acting like little kids right?

Agreed. I won't go on here going on about Popper either...and none of my cabinet build posts on here will have any of that.

I have friends here...and the last thing I'm going to do is crap all over PBX. Just because I'm using a different front-end doesn't mean I should act different.

28 minutes ago, Adultery said:

You can't assume we're all adults, this is the internet after all. ;)

I'm going to have to start moderating this thread more closely it looks like...

Well we assume you are...it's in your name! :)

• Like 1

Can someone with moderator or admin access please split out the non-feature request posts?

Troubleshooting and complaints need their own threads in PinballX General subforum.

Edited by tthurman
Done