All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Create Videos

jbf1307

good evening
I recorded the tables of Future Pinball, but the videos were left with the dark screen and no image
I used ffmpeg for recording as reported in the tutorial
Does anyone know what went wrong with recording videos?

Snap 2018-07-03 at 23.32.11.png

Snap 2018-07-03 at 23.31.12.png

Edited by tthurman
Moved: PinballX>General

There are various flavors of MP4 and different type of codecs. If I record MP4s of VP tables using PBXRecorder (from gtxjoe) PBX won't play them. This is on Win 10 Pro. If I take those MP4s over to one of my laptops (Win 10 home) and convert then to 1920x1080p 30 FPS YouTube MP4 and bring them back to my pincab, they play fine in PBX. An easy way to check which codecs you have installed is to fire up Windows Media Player. Bring up the menu bar if not already showing (left click) and goto Help | About Windows Media Player | Technical Support Information (blue link) and scroll down to Video codecs. Post those and maybe someone can help you out. Here are mine on my pincab:

I never even noticed the Create videos button in GameManager - LOL.

pincab codecs.PNG

EDIT 07/07: OOPS SORRY! I didn't notice it was for Future pinball.  Should have paid attention! I think a few years ago I used Windows game video capture for FP because I only had 12 tables to do from Slam.

On 7/4/2018 at 10:15 PM, Carny_Priest said:

ffmpeg gdigrab does not support opengl. You will need to use another recorder option like OBS.

Carny...I installed the OBS and I configured it as the personnel of another frontend explained, but I could not record the videos ... there is some tutorial for me to see what settings I have to use in OBS to be able to use PinballX's "create videos" tool? All the front ends I have, only work by recording video for Visual Pinball, and anyone who uses Future Pinball does not know what to do to record the videos ... you can help, I and the users of Future Pinbal thanks ...

• 2 weeks later...

I have ffmpeg in my applications folder with latest PinballX and can confirm all VPX table videos recorded and saved to table videos folder but did not record any of the db2s  backglass videos.  PBXRecorder would not do any of my VPX tables but did both table and back glass of VP tables.