All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Text fields not taking any changes

jdsabin1

When I start PinballX, I get a message that says 'featuring 57 All Tables' when all I want it to say is 'Featuring 57 tables'. I removed the word 'All' from the All field in the PinballX settings (and also did the same in the ini file in case something was flaky in the settings program) but no matter what I do I cannot remove the word 'All'. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

I personally don't use PBX, but if it's anything like GameEx, you have to set the language to "Custom" for the language changes.

If that's not the case, I didn't say anything... :)

• Like 1

I appreciate the responses. I found it. After digging further into my pinballx.ini file, there is a section named [Internal] and in there is a field titled 'filtername' that was listed as this: 'filtername=All Tables'. No matter what I did in the text fields, it would always display the 'All Tables' after the # of tables listed when I would start PinballX. When I changed to 'filtername=' , all was well. 

Is there a FAQ on everything that is in the pinballx.ini file somewhere? That might make it easier when you know what all the fields are perhaps. 

Thanks. 

Attaching copies of your log.txt and pinballx.ini files helps others to see what you are running and your settings to help guide you in fixing an issue quicker