All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Full Screen Exclusive Mode work with latest version?

jdsabin1

When v2.91 was released there was this announcement: 

"We basically had to lose full screen exclusive mode for this but even without this everything still runs much smoother in the front end. FPS is perfect for me and the new video framework also runs much smoother with this now."

My cabinet depends on full screen exclusive mode. Is this functionality still missing or ... ? 

Thanks. smoother with this now.

That's what I am asking. I haven't upgraded since 2.86 because the notes indicated it was not functional. I haven't seen any notes in the other revisions that indicate it's now working unless I missed it. Thx. 

I have a three screen cabinet with a heavy hitter PC running Windows 10 64 bit, including a GTX 1070. I am running VP 10.4 and only using VPX tables. My playfield is a Samsung 4k monitor. When I am not using exclusive fullscreen mode, I get stutter in several of those tables. When I changed to exclusive full screen mode, the stutter went away completely. I should add that anyone who thinks there isn't a difference between 1080p versus 4k in VP, they're dead wrong. These new tables in 4k are a thing of beauty. Thx. 

Well, until you upgrade to the latest version, then the author won't be able to troubleshoot any issues you may encounter. I would not assume their is going to be an issue due to a lack of information. If you have the installer for the older version, hold onto it and perform the upgrade and report back with your pinballx.ini and log.txt files for the new version if any issues.

I would assume that if the author went to enough trouble to explain that exclusive full screen was not working a month ago with a new release, it would be important enough to add if it was back in the latest release. I just figured it would be easier to ask here versus spending time trying to troubleshoot. On a somewhat related note, is there a website with past releases/installers in case someone wants to go back to an older version? Thanks. 

Before upgrading, go to the PinballX download link. Click "View Change Log" and scroll down to the version you have installed. Then perform your upgrade to the latest.

• Like 1

Is this an integrated VP support thing? If so, disable it. Run PinballX as Windowed, Full Screen then configure VPX to run exclusive full screen. Problem solved.

Integrated support copies over certain PinballX settings for use in VPX. It makes it easier to get beginners up-and-running, but after a while I think it gets in the way and creates problems as it is literally overwriting screenres.txt and registry keys. At some point to enable your customizations or other advanced features you must take the training wheels off and learn how the software functions. Often getting certain Stern S.A.M. system games running or enabling full colorizations on DMD requires directly editing the Windows registry. PinballX and VPX are two different programs. You do want to run VPX as exclusive, full screen. You don't need to run PinballX as exclusive, full screen, It is recommended that you don't. But even well prior to v2.91 I found that PinballX just operates more smoothly windowed.

• Like 1