All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Whats happend to my GameEx..all Emulator Setups gone.

TheDarkness

Hello,

since the Last GameEx update all my Emulator Setups are gone. I´ve also looked in the Setup Wizard. No Emulator is in the list. Whats happened? To setup all this stuff running it took many hours!!

Is there anybody to explain whats happened and why there is no Emulator in my list?

Thanks TheDarkness

Sorry wrong Topic, not in GameEx Evolution. i mean the normal GameEx Version.

Sorry this happened to you. It happens occasionally, I would almost say rarely, but I really don't know. I also cannot say why.

Look for the UpgradeBackup.ini in your config folder. It is a copy of your GameEx.ini when the last update occurred. Make a copy of your GameEx.ini and UpgradeBackup.ini to be safe. Then either replace the contents of the GameEx.ini with the contents of the UpgradeBackup.ini or rename the files...whatever you prefer. Then review the Setup Wizard to see which is best to keep.

A new UpgradeBackup.ini will be generated if you don't have one there BTW.

I keep backups of my GameEx.ini, CustomInput.ini, and CustomMenu.ini as well as the theme I use. If I ever have to rebuild or transfer to another PC, those are the ones that are the time savers to have.

• Thanks 2

Hello RedDog, many thanks for your help. You are my Hero of the year :). It works. I think all the emulator settings i started in 2013. Without your help i had to setup all emulators again. Thank you so much and thanks for the advice to backup all the ini files. This will be my next step.

• Thanks 1