All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pepper II

Sorry for the delay guys.  My computer took a royal dump on me and I've basically been AWOL for the last week.  I've been rebuilding a new machine from scratch (see here for details!).  I'm almost there, but not quite.  I can't update the HiScore threads until Adultery can send me a PM/Email with my DBM password.  It's saved and hidden on my old drive that I can't access anymore! :o So hopefully he can get back to me soon.  In the mean time, happy playing!  

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Floyd Turbo said:

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Floyd Turbo said:

What is the key to this game?  I am having a very rough time with it.  Here is my pathetic score, but at least I can get my name on the board.  

Pepper II.jpg

Only tips I have to offer are:

- when you circle the sections that contain a pitchfork thingy, don't bother trying to chase down the enemies to get points.  Just use that time to clear as much of the board as possible

- try not to "waste" your pitchforks by circling one while you are already invincible.  If you space them out just right, you should be able to clear most of the screen freely while invincible

- there is no need to complete individual screens before moving on.  If you get in trouble, just retreat to one of the other mazes and  come back later

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Floyd Turbo said:

Best I can do without punching the screen.

That's not bad though, considering.  I mean, at least you posted a score.  Not to many people can say that.  And so what if you're at the bottom of the list?  You're still in 4 place which is worth a heck of a lot more points towards your overall vs if you were in 10th, or never posted a score at all (like me).  And we're all about having fun here.  Just think of it as your "Personal Best", and strive to do better.  By having scores above you, it just proves it can be done.  :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys don't mind...  I haven't had the time to make a new game post.  Things are a little hectic around my life at the moment.  I'm still trying to recover from a massive computer failure and loss of all my GamEx stuff.  I have a backup but it's corrupted.  Every time I try to restore from it, Windows still fails to boot, with a BSOD.  It won't even load Safe Mode.  Might be related to the fact I had to get all new hardware, and Windows isn't playing nice with trying to make the drivers work.  All I know is, I've basically had to start from scratch again.  I have my GameEx stuff installed on a different drive that (as far as I know) wasn't affected by the crash.  But it won't run anything until I find the time to install all the various programs and emulators.  I have a working/running RetroPie system, but it's not GameEx.  I was able to snag another copy of our Database Manager software Adultry wrote, so keeping the forums and scores updated isn't a problem.  Right now it's just kind of a limbo until I can find the time to finish getting everything installed properly and can work on creating a new thread for the next feature game.

Thanks for understanding guys.  Maybe we should change to a GOTQ (Game of the Quarter)?  We've already changed from a monthly to a semi-monthly.  I just don't think there are very many Triple-A games left that people would expect to see in a competition like this.  We already have all the best ones.  Not to mention the lack of participation and enthusiasm towards our games.  I'm cool with just letting this one ride unless you guys REALLY want another game already.  :)

17 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

If you guys don't mind...  I haven't had the time to make a new game post.  Things are a little hectic around my life at the moment.  I'm still trying to recover from a massive computer failure and loss of all my GamEx stuff.  I have a backup but it's corrupted.  Every time I try to restore from it, Windows still fails to boot, with a BSOD.  It won't even load Safe Mode.  Might be related to the fact I had to get all new hardware, and Windows isn't playing nice with trying to make the drivers work.  All I know is, I've basically had to start from scratch again.  I have my GameEx stuff installed on a different drive that (as far as I know) wasn't affected by the crash.  But it won't run anything until I find the time to install all the various programs and emulators.  I have a working/running RetroPie system, but it's not GameEx.  I was able to snag another copy of our Database Manager software Adultry wrote, so keeping the forums and scores updated isn't a problem.  Right now it's just kind of a limbo until I can find the time to finish getting everything installed properly and can work on creating a new thread for the next feature game.

Thanks for understanding guys.  Maybe we should change to a GOTQ (Game of the Quarter)?  We've already changed from a monthly to a semi-monthly.  I just don't think there are very many Triple-A games left that people would expect to see in a competition like this.  We already have all the best ones.  Not to mention the lack of participation and enthusiasm towards our games.  I'm cool with just letting this one ride unless you guys REALLY want another game already.  :)

I am fine with pushing the new game back.  I still have a bunch of games to post scores to anyhow.  I think Ms. Pac-Man will be next on my list.  Suck to hear about your computer.  That's never a fun time.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This game is downright abusive to anyone used to Pac-Man. Exits on the edge of the screen are super-not-safe; and if you & a bad guy "tie" getting to the point on the screen where you'll be able to "eat the ghosts", you lose that tie every time.

20181111140110-960x540.jpg.ef7dd40cb414b409427c2e5208210e25.jpg

On 11/11/2018 at 2:31 PM, millerbrad said:

This game is downright abusive to anyone used to Pac-Man. Exits on the edge of the screen are super-not-safe; and if you & a bad guy "tie" getting to the point on the screen where you'll be able to "eat the ghosts", you lose that tie every time.

20181111140110-960x540.jpg.ef7dd40cb414b409427c2e5208210e25.jpg

Haha.  For sure.  Tie goes to the bad guys with Pepper II...