All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arcooda Update - Cabinet Mode Unlock Key purchase via Steam extended indefinitely

Draco1962

Per post today on Facebook from Arcooda:

Breaking News...

Cabinet Mode Unlock Key for Pinball Arcade PC on Steam has now been extended indefinitely.

Thanks to FarSight, we are able to continue offering the unlock key for the 76 games (Season 1-6), allowing backglass, DMD, cameras, and other full video cabinet support.

HOWEVER – you must order your Williams/Bally titles (or game seasons) before 30th June on Steam in order to secure them on your account. Once this date expires, the Williams/Bally titles are no longer available to purchase on Pinball Arcade (meaning whatever titles you own on 30th June will be locked on your account).

Sadly, the Generic Pinball & the Arcooda Pinball Arcade standalone software will definitely expire and no longer be available for pre-purchase after 30th June 2018.

I guess this is good news for those sitting on the fence about getting the Cabinet Mode Unlock key. Still the same sad news for those that have not already purchased all 76 games before the end of June 30th.

• Draco1962 changed the title to Arcooda Update - Cabinet Mode Unlock Key purchase via Steam extended indefinitely

That is good news for those who are waiting.    My cabinet is working well after the latest Cabinet beta release.   Game play is fine and all 4 camera modes are working well now and I am not seeing any peformance problems.   There are some people still reporting horrible FPS rates on the views 1-3 but I think Farsight will fix it.       My only gripe is that you can't launch a table directly so hoping NoEx can get a FCM version that works with cabinet mode and I would be very happy.    There is  still some other cleanup Farsight needs to do once the performance issue are fixed but it is well worth the money.  I actually play TPA now fairly regularly where I did not before since the camera views stunk.

Wow! I was really close to pulling the trigger but decided against it due to performance problems some people were having. I'll let FS shake out the bugs and may revisit. Using FCM for now.