SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
Adultery

I'll just leave this here.

I received my Steam Link yesterday (a day later than scheduled). I will unbox and tinker with it possibly this weekend. I am hopeful that I have the good luck that most have had with it and not the bad luck others have experienced.

It really eff'd up my experience on the PC for my first go round, I'll say that. I could say a few bad things, but still no remorse for the price.

My complaints are probably more related to my lack of knowledge when it comes to 'big picture' mode. It was really nice playing River City Ransom Underground from the couch. :)

No lag here (I know that's a major complaint) but I have cat6 snaked in through the wall so no need for wifi.

i have the YDKJ collection too... Haven't really taken a swing at mouse/kbd games. You'll have to let me know how it goes!

I received mine yesterday. I was only able to hook it up and test it a bit, but it worked pretty well.

10 hours ago, Adultery said:

It really eff'd up my experience on the PC for my first go round, I'll say that. I could say a few bad things, but still no remorse for the price.

My complaints are probably more related to my lack of knowledge when it comes to 'big picture' mode. It was really nice playing River City Ransom Underground from the couch. :)

No lag here (I know that's a major complaint) but I have cat6 snaked in through the wall so no need for wifi.

i have the YDKJ collection too... Haven't really taken a swing at mouse/kbd games. You'll have to let me know how it goes!

I will test YDKJ with a wired keyboard and then a bluetooth one. As for connectivity, will be interesting since our wireless may be a little dodgy and my Power over Ethernet pods need to be replaced with Gigabit speed pods.

Wow, hard to believe how many times that old title has come up recently.

From what I've read the Link maxes out at 30 Mbps and since it only has a 100 Mbps network adapter it must be particularly dependant on a stable feed of that 30. 

I assume you've updated to the latest firmware?  (and yes I feel stupid asking a dev that question) 

I've been playing Pinball Arcade on it (and considering what games I play latency is mostly just important with pinball), and haven't had any issues at all.

But as I said earlier, I'm hard wired so I may not be the best advisor on that.

Me too. Couldn't be entrusting my home LAN to wireless now! I ran Cat6 all around the house when I first bought it. So glad I did...

Mine shipped a few days ago too.

Where I plan to use mine will require I use WIFI. It's close to the router though, so if it can use the 5GHz signal I'll connect to that for speed. I'm just now getting into steam however (I know, where have I been?). So I'll have to pick up some good games to test it out. The only game I have currently is Layer of fear, because it was free a few months back. I should pick up some more titles. Any suggestions?

My first suggestion is that you sign up for https://isthereanydeal.com , you'll get notified everytime something is free somewhere (which is more often than you would think).

If your computer can handle it and you haven't got a console version yet... GTA V is a good one. I play it on PS4, but it's decent for sure.

I also can't plug River City Ransom Underground  enough! 

And of course Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove is most excellent, I'm sure most of the folks here will back me up on that.

• Thanks 1