All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Back Glass Won't Appear

stampedem

HI.  This is my first post to this forum.  I seem to have been making good progress until just now.

I've added a few tables to my PinballX so far; it has all seemed to work just fine.

Then I get to Cirqus Voltaire, which I downloaded from monsterbashpincabs.  I downloaded the table and the backglass for that specific table at the same time.  The table runs fine, but unlike the other tables, this one doesn't bring (display) up it's corresponding backglass when I start it.  I've done nothing different with this table add than I have with the others (through the game manager). My question is, what would make a backglass not appear in one particular table, when all other tables so far come up just fine?

Reading the FAQ, I know it's been requested to post the pinballx .ini, .xml, and log.  I have done so to this post. I think I posted the correct files to this. If not, please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

PinballX.ini

Visual Pinball.xml

log.txt

• Thanks 1

Coincidentally, I was just looking at this table last night and you have to change a setting in the table script to enable the directb2s backglass (which is what comes with the table) - it is all commented in the script.  Once you make that change the backglass will show up.  It isn't really a PBX problem.  Most tables work 'out of the box', but I believe the table author did it differently due to the unique Cirqus Voltaire DMD options (it can appear on the playfield).

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your responses! I can't say I got it to work.  I never found the comments in the script directing how to do this.  But to be fair, it was my first time looking into a table script, so it was a new experience and I likely missed whatever it was I was supposed to do.  At any rate, i found a different version of this same table.  Problem solved!