All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backglass Stuck all of a sudden?

BrandonLaw

Morning!  Odd quandry....

I was playing with my 'make this my main display' in windows and all of a sudden my backglass is stuck being tiny and at 0px of the main display.  It's like PBX doesn't recognize a 2nd display at all now.  I've tried removing the display cables to reassert that the display is there.  I've tried totally deleting the pinballX.ini, editing it of course to no avail.  If I put coordinates and sizing into the backglass, nothing is recognized.  Backglass just doesn't seem to be an option for PBX now.  Totally strange.  Any assistance would be much appreciated!  PinballX.ini and log attached along with screenshot of backglass issue.  (Keep in mind all the options showing are from testing.)

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Capture.PNG

I don't have the link readily available.

It sounds like it may be a value stuck in your registry for the display size and your otherr monitors as a whole. 

You may need to search using keywords "nvidia" "registry" "windows 10" "monitors" "delete" and see what you come up with.

In the end you may have to delete the stored monitor settings so that Windows "rediscovers" the monitors allowing you to alter the default monitor and all.

Thanks for that Draco!  Gave me some insight as to what 'could' have been going on, but being one step away from re-installing windows, I uninstalled PBX for the third time and decided to try forcing 32bit mode.  Fixed.  Ugh.

1 hour ago, Tom Speirs said:

Just looks like you got PinballX in windowed mode.

That was just for testing to show myself what was happening.  Notice the backglass jammed up in the corner.  Not sure what about the 64bit ver. was keeping it from working correctly...maybe directX related.  32bit is working fine:)