All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Didn't we decide monopolies were a bad idea long ago?

tthurman

Yes, monoploys are bad...for everyone except those who funnel the proceeds into their pocket. That is until they place too large a burden on the global economic landscape. Then all those proceeds devalue into nothing but toilet paper (that's a pun, see if you can decipher it). They become too big to fail, the cost of keeping them afloat outweighs the detriment to society letting them fail would cause. Regulation is supposed to prevent that tipping point from being reached, but that's what comes of deregulation - Less headaches and bureaucracy to deal with, cheaper government with less tax, easier to conduct business and turn a profit, get rich...and to completely destroy the economy.

Some regulation is absolutely necessary, even if it is a pain in the butt.

EDIT:

Oh, but the market will correct itself, so all is good. (2008 never happened. Or 1929).