All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Daphne HD games for use in GameEx

shroud

It took me a fairly long time a couple of years ago to finally be able to launch Daphne games properly in GameEx, and now I dread to touch my settings in fear of undoing what is currently working... :/ 

But on the other hand, I have this Dragon's Lair and Space Ace HD versions on DVD, and on the web someone directed me towards a small software called "dlhd2daph" that is supposed to convert at least the Dragon's Lair HD (probably not the Space Ace HD though) into a video file usable in Daphne. And since the default games in Daphne are very low-definition, switching to HD would be a huge improvement.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

As usual, I am too quick at posting, I should learn to first do and then post :D The matter is already resolved. Well I suppose that if someone else wants to try do the same thing, at least now it's me who can provide some support.

• Thanks 1

I wasn't even aware of this until you posted it.  I've got two sets of the 20th-anniversary set, because the center of one is cracking out, but had no idea about the HD release.  Apparently, it didn't play well, forward to incorrect scenes etc., due to a quality control issue.  I wouldn't think this would affect gameplay in Daphne, however.

Apparently, the Blu-ray release has an even better transfer (but doesn't work for this application).