All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] deepdive|ledblinky|startup

8trek

gameex settings:

nothing in launch on startup or launch on startup don't wait, ledblinky plugin is checked, 

ledblinky settings:

light game controls is checked, light player start and coin buttons is checked, FE start-up animation has nothing in this field or anything else related to FE for that matter, Light GameEx Controls is NOT checked. 

ledblinky debug.log attached.  

situation: 

prior to launching gameex a simple animation ledblinky routine is running, after launching gameex the animation ends.

question:

why?

Debug.log

should have added i've been in communication with arzoo.  He commented about questioning why GX was behaving the way it was... otherwise would have posted in the plugin section... sorry hope it's okay i posted this topic where i did.  cooresponding gx log attached.

log.txt

Tom,

Yea, my bad, may not have been clear enough.  That maybe okay for now as i've got arzoo (guy who developed ledblinky) looking at both sets of logs now.  The short version of my situation is... when i launch GX it appears to be killing the ledblinky exe process even though i do not have any GX options set that should be causing it as well as any LB settings that should be causing it. 

Fresh set of logs attached in case you want to take a look.  I restarted the computer, logged in, waited for the animation to start which is kicked off by a batch file inside startup folder, launched gameex, observed the animation stopping, then exited gameex.

Debug.zip

log.txt

Here's what I see happening from the two logs;

1. 8trek's system boots and runs a script to manually start LEDBlinky (LED animation).
  2. Some time later GameEx start and initializes LEDBlinky.
  3. GameEx initialization completes and then immediately quits.
  4. LEDBlinky quits (as expected).

The question I've asked 8trek is why does GameEx start up and then immediately quit?

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, 8trek said:

I restarted the computer, logged in, waited for the animation to start which is kicked off by a batch file inside startup folder, launched gameex, observed the animation stopping, then exited gameex.

After re-reading this now I'm confused.

8trek - seems like you manually quit GameEx? When GameEx fires up LEDBlinky the running animation will stop - this is by design. Is this not the behavior you want? In our prior communications you said after GameEx started, LEDBlinky would stop functioning? But the logs indicate that GameEx is quiting - are you manually exiting the FE? Seems like we're going in circles here.

rather than throwing everything out there i was trying to keep it simple, one thing at a time.  So you're saying when gameex launches by default (regardless of settings in either program) it will stop ledblinky animation?  

i tried to set things up such that when gameex would launch it will stop this animation and start a second animation but could never get it to work.  Tried using the GX startup option as well as the FE startup option in LedBlinky.  The later option appeared to work however appeared to me you had to specifiy a time limit and not run indefinitely. 

well have got it working now.... using fe active animation in combination with launching my first animation batch file on exit of gameex works.... the ledblinky fe quit animation doesn't run forever but no big deal, using the gameex config option takes care of it.  Thank you for looking into this.