All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinballx 64bit - DirectOutput Plugin

darquayle

Just installed the 64 bit version of Pinballx.  Install was easy and appears to work just fine.

One question, does anyone know if there is (or will be) a 64 bit plugin for the DirectOutput framework?  The 32 bit version does not appear to work with the 64 bit version of PInballx.

Actually it does not work, and it is because of the incompatibility of 32bit and 64bit programs and plugins. DOF could  be compiled 64bit but then VP and B2S will stop working when operating in 32bit mode. I suggest to install PinballX forced 32bit when using DOF or B2S plugin, unfortunately all 64bit advantages get lost then!

• Like 1

You can get DOF to work with 64-bit programs. I have it working on my custom 64-bit front end "Tilt". It does require some registry tweaking. The problem is how the COM server is registered. The PinballX Plugin probably needs re-compiled as 64-bit as well as it is loaded by PinballX.

See: https://techtalk.gfi.com/32bit-object-64bit-environment/

I'll see if I can try PinballX again. I moved to my custom front end since PinballX didn't support 4k very well, but that has been 6 months ago now.

I haven’t uploaded it yet.

I got dof sort of working in pinballx (got button lights working) First bug is the plugin manager won’t recognize the 64bit plugin for some reason.

2nd, There is some xml issue loading the table mapping’s file. Anyway, out of time today to keep looking.