All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Keyboard Inputs from Girder Stopped Working

Magus

Hi, a bit of an issue since upgrading to 15.20. Emulated keyboard presses from my automation software (Girder) stopped working consistently. It now only registers a key press every 2-6 presses or so. Very erratic. This setup has worked flawlessly for 10+ years, until I updated GameEx. Any idea what might have changed in 15.20 that might have caused this? From reading the 15.20 news post it looks like GameEx was updated substantially on the back end. Was something input related changed?

Background:
I have been using GameEx for many years with the Promixis Girder automation software. I use it along with a USB IR dongle top control my HTPC with a IR remote control. It was only after I updated to 15.20 that these issues began. Girder is still the same version it has been for the last year or so, and works fine in all other applications. I am not 100% sure what version I updated from but it was for sure either 15.10 or 14.93. I suspect it was 15.10. I tried updating to 15.30 today but issue still persists. I could just go back to 15.10, but that would mean I could never again receive updates which is not ideal. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Hi Magus, yes it did change. I see no reason why you still wouldn't be able to get it to work though. Your setup may need some tweeking but I moved keyboard input away from directinput and form input and onto GetAsynKeyState. You probably just need to have the key it sends stay down longer.

I see, thanks for the quick response. I have tried to adjust every setting possible in Girder (with different combos as well), with no success. It does not have an option to set key press length, as it works like a keyboard. If you hold a key down it just send repeats. I did try adjusting the anti-repeat options but it doesn't really improve functionality, as I had it set pretty low already. obviously if i hold down the key it will eventually register a key press but its still takes quite a while to scroll down even a small list of games. I also tried troubleshooting by changing lots of different input related options in gameex. AFter a few nights of changing configs and testing I thought I would just ask the question.

Any chance of inserting an option in the setup wizard to use direct input instead of the GetAsynKeyState? This really breaks my whole setup. I have looked into switching to eventghost or other alternatives, but there is just no other automation software out there that has advanced functions such as conditionals and such. I use girder to automate various applications on my HTPC, it ties everything together.

I would be glad to post my ini and log files if you think it would help, but i feel like if its not registering a key press it wouldn't really log anything. Thanks as always for your awesome support!