All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Topper Screen - what is everyone using for this?

gshanes2000

I really like the idea of the Topper.  Always liked having them on my real pins so this add on I think is great!

Just wanted to know what does everyone recommend for a topper screen (mine would be legitimately on top of my back box like a regular topper - not a middle screen like others).

Was looking at this at BB the other day and thought this might not be too bad to use but it is not "DMD ratio" which is what a lot of people seem to go with for their screens.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-19-class-18-5-diag--led-720p-hdtv/9215028.p?skuId=9215028

I have a Virtuapin Mini pincab and I am using a Samsung  T22B350 and instead of using the plastic stand that comes with it attached it via the VESA mount to an adjustable stand that allows me to lower the monitor bezel bottom to touching the top of the back box. The monitor stand has two holes in the base that will allow me to attach it to the backbox.

Likely I will try to exercise some woodworking skills to frame up the topper monitor to make it look more a part of the cab.

20180601_145648.jpg