All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PBX v3.03 Fails to Startup via InstantSheller v0.9 (Win10)

jimmay3

Tested PBX 3.03 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions, with and without startup video, sounds and images; ran InstantSheller v0.9 and only checked the option to shell to PinballX.exe and on restart the system would just seem to hang.  Ensured the startup PBX option was deselected to start when windows opened, else used to get two copies running when done in Win7 (shell copy and PBX start on windows copy).  Did note that PBX is executing via the shell cmd, because when the startup image was enabled, the image would instantly pop up on windows startup, but then would just hang, waited several minutes, but no joy on a PBX table menu...

Win10 is proving to be impossible to get a nice clean startup like Win7, would think twice before you upgrade if this bothers you.

With Win10, the best option seems to just enable auto win logon and select the option to have PBX start on logon via the PBX settings.  Not a very clean startup cause you see the desktop icons for a few seconds and all the logon animation, but seems to be what you have to live with unless attempting the enterprise upgrade.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Not sure if the support docs for PinballX are going to be of any help with troubleshooting Instant Sheller v0.9.

It is noted in the news article that Instant Sheller v0.9 will completely shell Windows 10 Enterprise.

Unfortunately, it is a limitation of MS, not the Sheller program. if you have Win 10 Pro or Education versions, you will see part of the logon.  You can "skin" your windows desktop  with an image (I use the same default image I have for PinballX) and use a minimal image for your login (I use a pinball - go figure). Not a 100% solution I can live with it.